February 2016 Newsletter
Current Volunteer Opportunities
We are in need of volunteers for various services we provide to the schools.
- Laminating Projects- you make your own hours at the school. Training will be provided!
- Father/Daughter Dance in April
- Testing Snacks
- In search of a 4th/5th Grade building representative. Duties include updating the bulletin board, coordinating test snacks, being the liaison between the PTSA and the 4th/5th grade office.
- Mrs. Lynne Erdle is requesting the assistance of two parents in finding a new Assistant Superintendent for Instruction. The parents would need to be available for 3 meetings in March and April. If you are interested, please let us know by February 29th.
There are many other ways to help, and new ideas and faces are always welcome! Send an email to canandaiguaPTSA@gmail.com if you are interested in hearing more.
Event Chairs needed!
We have several events that are in need of new chairs and co-chairs. Running an event is a fun way to get involved and bring your ideas to life! It's even more fun with a friend. The following events are in need of help:
- Mother/Son night chairperson: Traditionally held in the fall, but set the date when it works for you! This is a great event that brings in many families to spend quality time together, as well as raising funds for PTSA. Use our past "minute to win it" and craft format entirely, as a jumping off point, or add your own spin to things.
- Square 1 Art: This is a terrific fundraiser for the art department. All profits go directly to putting new technology and supplies into our kids' art rooms. We are currently looking for a Middle School Chairperson and a PES co-chair to help this fundraiser run smoothly.
- Coupon Book Sale co-chair: This is our main fundraiser that provides the vast majority of our funds for the school year. Every dollar we raise goes directly to our children and school. We are looking for somebody to co-chair this vital fundraiser. Duties would include distributing coupon books to students UPK-5, collecting returns and orders, and record keeping. This fundraiser takes place mid-September and goes until early October.
Family Literacy Night Volunteer Sign-Up
PTSA is hosting a Family Literacy Night to celebrate author and illustrator Jeff Mack's visit to Canandaigua Primary-Elementary School in March. Volunteers are needed to help with several fun, interactive stations the evening of March 14th. Please click here to view the schedule.
Thank you for all your help!
Excuse Pad Order Form
Print your order form here and send to school with payment. Thank you for supporting the PTSA.
Spring LEGO Robotics Program
Click here to view complete information in the brochure.
CCB Annual Spaghetti Dinner
Wednesday, March 2nd, 5-8pm
19 Niagara Street
Eat-in & carry-out available!
For complete information and prices, please click here.
**We will be doing a "cake wheel" the night of the dinner and will be accepting donations of baked goods, either bought or homemade. Any donations can be brought to the Elks Club on March 1st. Thank you!**
CA Players Character Breakfast
Sunday, March 6th, 8-10:30am
3140 County Road 10
2 seatings available at 8:30am & 9:30am
Tickets are just $5. Reservations recommended by calling 585-978-5009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-in tickets will be available, however reservations will be seated first.
CA Players present The Little Mermaid
March 11 7:30pm
March 12 7:30pm
March 13 2:00pm
March 18 7:30pm
March 2:00pm & 7:30pm
Location: Canandaigua Academy Theatre
Tickets: $8 general admission and are available at the door, as well as these fine locations: CNB (Main St. & Lakeshore branches), Olde Country Picture Framers, Renaissance Goodie II Shoppe.
Canandaigua Boys Youth Lacrosse Registration
Canandaigua Boys Youth Lacrosse is now accepting registrations for the 2016 Spring season. Registration is open to boys in Kindergarten thru 6th grade. Registration MUST be received by March 11th to guarantee a spot on a team. After March 11th, there will be an additional fee.
The 2016 "SHIRT" is only guaranteed to boys registering before February 26th.
For more information, visit http://www.calacrosse.org/
Summer Soccer League Registration
Little Kickers: Open to boys and girls born between 8/1/2011 and 7/31/2012
Summer Rec: Open to boys and girls born between 8/1/2003 and 7/31/2011
Registration closes April 10th. There will be no waitlists and no registrations accepted after that date
Financial assistance is available upon request.
Rookie Ball Open Gym
Canandaigua Junior Baseball has received gym time from now until spring for use with Rookie Ball players. They will use this time to work on skills as well as having fun activities for the kids. For more information, please contact Joe Holtby via text 315-945-4399.
Next PTSA meeting
Monday, March 7th, 6:30pm
215 Granger Street
Attending a meeting is a great way to hear what's going on in our schools directly from administrators, PTSA officers and other community members.
For more information on PTSA membership (annual dues are only $5!) and for volunteer opportunities, please see document below.
The Canandaigua Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA) believes in making every child's potential a reality by being the premier organization for parent involvement and advocacy. Canandaigua PTSA is a powerful voice for all children, a significant resource for families and communities, and a strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
The PTSA provides critical financial support for various school activities and resource or equipment needs. It strongly supports the community-wide Character Education, Health & Wellness, and Family Involvement initiatives of our school district.