DATES TO KNOW
13 - PTSA Meeting, 7pm
16 - SBDM Meeting, 6pm
18 - Ryle Athletics Golf Outing
29 - Senior Parent Information Night
30 - Homecoming Tea
1 - Homecoming Football Game, Parade
2 - Homecoming Dance
8 & 11 - Fall Break - No School
14 - BOE Board Meeting, Ralph Rush
18 - End of 1st Term
21 - SBDM Meeting, 6pm
No Drop Offs - Please remember that we cannot accept items in the office to be dropped-off for students during the school. Our office staff works very hard to monitor and process visitors to the school and it is not feasible to contact and coordinate items being dropped off unless an emergency exists, such as reading glasses or medicine to be kept in the school clinic.
School Fee Payment - See Fee Payment Online Instructions attached
We are asking that all parents pay their child’s fees online if possible. Please contact the front office if you have any questions.
Monday, September 13th at 7pm in the Media Center PTSA meeting to confirm board members and complete the budget.
We need members!! Help us Protect The Ship and consider joining the PTSA
CLICK HERE for a link to sign up and see flyer attached
This is a vital organization in the support of our school, please join!
Return Required Forms to RAP:
Please ensure your student(s) returns the signed Acceptable Use Policy (incudes the District Code of Conduct agreement) and the Student Handbook/Agenda Agreement. Students will lose network privileges without signed agreements.
In addition to District-wide internet filters, Ryle High School uses GoGuardian software to help manage the use of our school-issued devices, as well as personal devices used for school. For more information, Click Here
Library Media Center
All students will have access to the Boone County Public Library (BCPL) resources through a Student Digital Access Card. If you would prefer your student not have access to digital content from the BCPL, please contact the media center (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com).
Students who still have Chromebooks from last year, please return them as soon as possible. The District has marked these lost and will be deprovisioning these devices. Students will be charged the cost of replacement.
2022 Yearbooks Are Now On Sale. Save $10 if you order by September 15th. Order a Copy Today! Buy a 2022 yearbook and a 1/2 page recognition ad and save $20.00! Offer expires September 15th. https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/ Order # 21595
2021 Yearbooks will be delivered soon! We have ordered some extra copies. Reserve your copy by emailing Cher.firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waiting list. Cost: $75.
We are excited to announce that Ryle is starting boys and girls lacrosse teams. Interested students can attend an information session during Monday RAP and/or the parent meeting on Wednesday at 6:00 PM.
Student Council News
HomecomingAttention former Homecoming Queens and King of Ryle High School! You are being invited back to Ryle's 30th Homecoming on Friday, October 1st to be recognized that night in the parade, and at the football game. Your ticket to the game will be free, and we will have a float for you in the parade to throw out candy to those attending the parade. We ask that if you can attend that you let us know by Friday, September 10th, 2021, so that we can make plans and go from there. If you can attend, please email BOTH Charity Ehrenberg and Pagie Noday at:
- If you would also like to be part of the homecoming tea (the interview process) the week prior to the game include that in your email.
- We look forward to seeing everyone there and ask that if you still have your crown and sash that you wear it that night. If you happen to know a former queen, can you, please pass this message along.
Hoxworth Blood Drive
- Student Council will be having its annual fall Hoxworth Blood Drive on Thursday, September 16th in the Upper Gym from 7:45-10 and 11:30-2PM. If you are interested in donating, please use the link proved to sign up for a time slot. Any questions can be directed to Ms. Ehrenberg at Charity.email@example.com
The September 10th football game will be our youth football night, Military Appreciation, and our makeup senior night for Cheer, Band, Dance and Football players. The Union Raiders youth football and cheer program will be acknowledged at the game and will help send our Varsity team off to the stadium with our fans. Various Military Branches will be in attendance to be honored too. The junior and sophomore student council members will be hosting a tailgate tent, where they will be selling snacks prior to game time to help fundraise for Prom.
Sophomore / Junior:
The PSAT will be held on Wed. October 13th.. Registration is now open to juniors and sophomores. Please use the following link to register. Payment can be made thru school bucks. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Schilling in the Counselor’s office.
Seniors: Navigo Common App Crash Course (see flyer attached)
- NaviGo applications are now available and open until September 27. For more information or to apply, go to https://navigoprep.com/scholars-applicants/
- NaviGo Scholars is a career exploration program that runs from October 2021 through March 2022. Students apply to the career focus area(s) they want to explore, then sponsor companies select the Scholars. NaviGo Scholars meet twice per month during after school hours – once with a business sponsor and once with a NaviGo Coach.
- 2021-22 NaviGo Career Focus Areas:
Dental Careers (Dental Assistant Academy) - Seniors
Electrical & Gas Line, Engineering, Urban Planning (Duke Energy) – Juniors & Seniors
Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering (Toyota) - Juniors & Seniors
Cyber Security (U.S. Bank) - Juniors (Seniors considered)
Workshops and School Visits:
- Wednesday, September 15: Dan Bisig from College and Beyond—Scholarships and Financial Aid: Taking the Mystery Out of Paying for College, 7 p.m. @ Ryle’s Auditorium (see attachment for more info.)
- Tuesday, September 21 during RAP: Beckfield College of Nursing Visit
- Friday, September 24 during RAP: Campbellsville University Visit
- Tuesday, September 28 during RAP: Mount St. Joseph University Visit
- Wednesday, September 29 from 7:30 p.m.-9:15p.m.: Virtual Parent Camp. To register: www.parentcamp.org/event/2021-09-29-parentcampnky
Just a reminder: If you are in need of assistance with clothing, food, hygiene products or other additional resources, please contact the Youth Services Center at 859-283-3233 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit our Youth Services Center website: https://www.boone.k12.ky.us/4/Content/22352
Take part in a short survey to help with the program planning for the Youth Services Center.
With Thanksgiving approaching, do you find yourself in need of assistance providing a meal for your family? If interested, please fill out the form below by 9/24.