DATES TO KNOW
3 - Community Breakfast
4 - Senior Dinner Dance, GABP
9 - BOE Board Meeting, Ralph Rush
16 - SBDM Meeting, 4:30pm
20 - No School
23 - Incoming 9th Graders - Parent Info Night
9 - BOE Board Meeting, Ralph Rush
10 - No School, Teacher Training Day
16 - SBDM Meeting, 4:30pm
22 - Early Release Day
3-7 - No School, Spring Break
13 - BOE Board Meeting, Ralph Rush
20 - SBDM Meeting, 4:30pm
No Drop Offs - Please remember that we cannot accept items in the office to be dropped-off for students during the school. Our office staff works very hard to monitor and process visitors to the school and it is not feasible to contact and coordinate items being dropped off unless an emergency exists, such as reading glasses or medicine to be kept in the school clinic.
School Fee Payment - See Fee Payment Online Instructions attached
We are asking that all parents pay their child’s fees online if possible. Please contact the front office if you have any questions.
CLICK HERE to purchase and customize Ryle gear. Password is raiders
Items can be purchased online and shipped to your home. Most items are delivered within a week. A portion of the purchase goes to the school to help buy instructional and other items, unlike gear that is bought at local retailers.
Ryle Student Council - Class T-shirt Sale
Ryle student council is having their annual class T-shirt sale, the link will go active January 20th and close March 5th. We will be offering short sleeves, long sleeves, and crewneck sweatshirts. Class T-shirts will now also be used to gain points in pep-rallies HELP YOUR GRADE WIN! T-shirt - $20, Long Sleeve - $25, Crewneck sweater - $30
Ryle Dance Team Fundraiser
The Ryle Dance Team is hosting a Parents Night Out for children ages 3-13. Enjoy a night without the kids and let them have fun at Valentine Movie Night!
Valentine Movie Night
Friday, February 3rd
Ryle High School
$15 (snacks will be provided)
To register/Any questions?
2023 Ryle Yearbooks On Sale Now for $75.00 To avoid processing fees, pay with cash or check and order using a flyer through Ms. Caldwell in room 125. Or email email@example.com to make arrangements to purchase your copy. To use a credit card or PayPal, call 1.866.287.3096 or go to www.YearbookOrderCenter.com and use order number 21595. Ordering online allows you to use the 4-payment option with PayPal.
2022 Yearbooks are SOLD OUT and have been distributed to current students. 2022 graduates and off campus students must pick up their yearbooks in the main office during normal office hours.
Senior Class Updates
SENIORS! Senior pictures for Ryle’s yearbook are taken at Prestige’s portrait studio in Crestview Hills. (No purchase necessary.) Deadline: 1/12/23. Please note that Prestige closes their studio for the holidays from Nov. 24th thru 27th and from December 15th to January 3rd.
Schedule appointments now BY PHONE OR ONLINE. Go to: prestigeportraits.com/studio or call (859) 578-0110 #80112. See Ms. Caldwell in room 125 for more info. See Prestige flyer here. See Prestige letter to Class of 2023 here.
IGNITE STUDENTS: To be included in Ryle's yearbook, you must have your senior portrait taken at the Prestige studio in Crestview Hills. The quality of the images taken at Ignite are much lower than the studio quality of those taken at the Prestige studio--therefore we cannot include portraits not taken in studio in the Ryle yearbook.
2023 RYLE SENIOR DINNER DANCE
When: Saturday February 4, 2023
Where: Great American Ballpark
Time: 7 to 10:30
Parking Directions: See attached below
- Please note that there is a Cyclones game on 2/4
- Read through all of the parking directions and parking pass instructions
- THE PARKING PASS MUST BE PRINTED, NO ELECTRONIC COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED (see attached below)
- See Ms. Noday for hard copies
- Senior Canvas RAP Course has more information
- SDD is a winter semi-formal event please dress accordingly
- If you have questions please see Ms. Noday
Timeline of Events:
- 7-8 Check In
- 8:15 Doors Close
- 8-9 Limited number of Ballpark Tours (sign up at the dance)
- 7:30-9 Dinner/Dancing/Games
- 8:30-9:30 Batting Cage Experience (this is something you must sign up for ahead of time. Only a limited number of spots are available)
- 9:15-10:15 Dessert
- 10 Superlatives
- 10:15 Departure May Begin
- 10:30 End of Dance
- Traditional Caesar Salad - Romaine Hearts, Shaved Parmesan, Caesar Dressing Croutons
- Great American Salad - Mixed Greens, Honey Crisp Apples Sunflower Seeds, Blue Cheese, Dried Cranberries White Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Pan Seared Chicken Breast - With Mustard Velouté, Crispy Onions, Arugula & Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Carved Roast Beef - With Au Jus & Horseradish Cream
- Roasted Red Potatoes - With Fresh Herbs & Garlic
- White Cheddar Mac & Cheese
- Dessert - Cake and Sundae Helmet Bar with various toppings
- Beverage Package - Featuring Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and Glasses of Water
Senior Dinner Dance Batting Cage
Even though ticket sales are OVER, you still have time to sign up for the batting cage only if you already bought a ticket.
What is it?
· ONLY 100 spots available. Includes pitcher, grounds crew, batting cage equipment, batting helmets, and balls.
· More than just a batting cage! You get a tour of the locker room, where players practice batting, and areas around the diamond club seats.
What is the Cost?
· NONE! It is included in your ticket, BUT you must fill out the liability waiver.
- See the senior canvas course or attached documents for the waiver
Service Hours Requirement
This is a reminder that one requirement for graduation is completion of 20 service hours. YOU CANNOT GRADUATE UNTIL THIS IS FINISHED.
For volunteer opportunities and your community service form please click here.
Once you have completed your community service, take your form to Mrs. Mann.
Civics Test Requirement
This is a reminder that one requirement for graduation is completion of the Civics Test. YOU CANNOT GRADUATE UNTIL THIS IS FINISHED. Please click the link and watch the video on how to take the test and how to get your certificate if you have already taken it. Again, this MUST be completed to be eligible to graduate from high school.
Once you obtain your certificate, send a screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civics Test Requirement Website:
At minimum, you must purchase the cap, gown, and tassel. Please note you are renting the gown and it will be returned after graduation before receiving your diploma. MORE INFORMATION TO COME!
The deadline to purchase your products is December 12, 2022. Any orders after the deadline will be charged an extra $20 in expedited shipping and handling fees and select products subject to availability.
For access to the Class of 2023 Celebration Catalog click here.
When will I get what I ordered?
· There will be a pick up day for seniors to pick up what they ordered. Graduate Services will be in the upper commons to distribute the items.
· When: April 25th
· Where: Upper Commons
· Time: Lunch 11:10 - 12:40
· Announcements: They are delivered on a separate date. TBD
If you have questions, contact Herff Jones directly (513-272-5890). They will be able to answer your questions.
We need members!! Help us Protect The Ship and consider joining the PTSA
CLICK HERE for a link to sign up and see flyer attached
This is a vital organization in the support of our school, please join!
- Tuesday, February 7 @ 6:30 in the Auditorium, College Expert Dan Bisig will be presenting for Freshman-Juniors and parents, Major Financial Aid Changes Are Coming – What You Need To Know Before It Is Too Late.
- February 6 @ 7pm: KHEAA presents FAFSA February: Completed the FAFSA, What’s Next—click here to attend on Facebook Live.
- February 13: KHEAA presents Financial Aid: What’s Not to Love!—click here to register on Zoom.
- Sunday, February 19 from 1-6 pm. Virtual College Fair. Register now for free!
- February 20 @ 7 pm: KHEEA presents FAFSA February: Finishing the FAFSA—click here to attend the Twitter chat.
- February 23 from 6:00-7:30 pm: NKY Fame Open House: Opportunities to learn about this entry to a career in manufacturing with classes paid for by the business. Located at the Boone Campus of Gateway Community and Technical College @ 500 Technology Way, Florence, 41042
Gateway Open Houses-- RSVP LINK: https://forms.office.com/r/t4S4BEtWE9:
- February 8th: Boone 6-7:30p
- Air Conditioning Technology
- Electrical Technology
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Computerized Manufacturing & Machining
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Plumbing Technology
- Welding Technology
- Energy Technologies
- FAME/Apprenticeship Programs
- Teacher Education
- Computer and IT
- Arts and Sciences
- Paralegal Technology
- Criminal Justice
- February 15th: Edgewood 6-7:30p
- Health Professions
- Health Information Technology
- Medicaid Nurse Aide
- Medical Assisting, including Phlebotomy
- Human Services
- Massage Therapy
- Fire Science Technology
- Associate of Arts and Sciences
- Computer and Information Technologies
- Paralegal Technology
- Criminal Justice
- February 15th: TTC 6-7:30p
- Auto Programs
- Auto Tech
- Diesel Tech
- February 22nd: TIE 6-7:30p
- Criminal Justice
- Computer and Information Technologies
- Paralegal Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Massage Therapy
- University of Kentucky CICHE (AHEC) will be having their Summer Enrichment and Health Researchers Youth Academy programs starting June 12-30th. Applications are due February 28, 2023 and can be found online here at this web address: :https://ciche.uky.edu/ukaheccamps If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Lisa.email@example.com.
- Summer Enrichment Program: A three week health careers residential camp hosted by the UK Center for Interprofessional and Community Health Education that allows students to "experience college before college." -- activities include Minimally Invasive Surgery lab, Shadowing Experiences, and Gross Anatomy Lab.
- Health Researchers Youth Academy: A three week health careers residential camp hosted by the UK Center for Interprofessional and Community Health Education that allows students to "experience college before college." -- activities include Simulation Lab, Gross Anatomy Lab, and Poster Presentation.
- Murray State University is once again hosting their annual Commonwealth Honors Academy, to be held June 3-June 24, 2023 in Murray. Ninety rising Seniors (current Juniors) will be selected from across Kentucky to spend three weeks on campus in a living-learning, interdisciplinary environment. Students who complete the program will receive six credit hours of university studies credit at Murray State, an in-state tuition scholarship (must have a minimum 3.5GPA and 25ACT) or an Academic Achievement Scholarship (for those below 3.5GPA or 25ACT).
- To qualify, students must be a current Junior, have a 3.5 or higher GPA, and have approximately a 25ACT or higher (or equivalent SAT or PSAT score). Other credentials such as community involvement, class rank, and teacher recommendations are taken into consideration as part of the selection process. Information can be found at www.murraystate.edu/cha -- deadline to apply is March 15, 2023.
- Applications for the Skilled Trades Summer Camp (grades 10-12)-- Deadline to apply is April 4. This is a great way to see if the Skilled Trades are for you! Learn about blueprints, carpentry, electrical, HAVC, plumbing and welding.
- Two sessions: June 6-8 and June 8-10. Both 8 am-3 pm. Apply here.
Members of the Community,
On behalf of the Junior Class Student Council, we are seeking donations for our biggest event of the year: Prom. As the time approaches, and with it the point to start creating decorations for Prom, we want your help! Our theme is ‘A Night in Wonderland,’ inspired by the movie “Alice in Wonderland.” In order to execute some of our plans, we need some help from you! We are asking for the donation of assorted items to help us in the process of creating our Prom decorations. Donation requests vary from in/deflated basketballs to artificial moss. Anything helps, so if you would be interested in donating to our cause, please read the requested list of items below:
Deflated basketballs and kickballs
Plastic tea party sets
Large “yard” games
Scrap pieces of cardboard
Uniquely shaped clocks
Picture frames of assorted size and age (distressed frames will be gladly accepted)
We have also created an Amazon Wish List that includes the remainder of the items we are seeking to make our ‘Night in Wonderland’ possible! You can access the wish list by using the QR code below.
We are thankful to have all of you as a part of the community and hope to continue to build this connection with you! If you are able to help us by donating one or more of the items above or have a student at Ryle that would like to be a part of the Prom Planning Committee, please contact us by using the email below.
Contact one of our Co-presidents or Sponsor at:
Whatever you do, ‘don’t be late for this very important date;’ email us now! If you are able to donate any items, even if it is something not listed above, please drop them off in the office in the month of February. If, for any reason, you are unable to drop your donation off, please notify us using the emails above.
Once again, thank you for your continued support to Ryle High School and the community,
Larry A. Ryle High School Junior Class Student Council
After School Tutoring
Ryle is proud to offer after school tutoring for all contents. If your student is struggling, please sign them up HERE
Youth Services Center
Have you considered going to prom, but cost of a dress makes the dream out of reach? Come to Cinderella’s Closet and let our Fairy Godmothers make you the Belle of the Ball in the dress of your dreams – all for free.
Cinderella’s Closet is visiting Ryle on Friday, February 17th during all lunch periods. They will have a table set up in the cafeteria from 11:00am-12:30pm and can answer any questions you may have about this service.
The Princess Treatment – What to expect at Cinderella’s Closet
« You will be able to select one dress from our inventory over 2,000 formal gowns guided by your own personal Fairy Godmother. Come ready to be pampered.
« You will also be able to select shoes and jewelry to complete your look
« Limited Alterations will be provided on-site to make your dress fit for a princess.
« Your selected items free of charge and are yours to keep.
CURRENT 9TH, 10TH AND 11TH GRADES:
We will begin in Monday RAP on Monday, January 30th. Students will be given this time to put in their request for classes. Students were given this week to ensure that they can access their student portal. The course guide book is available online thru Ryle’s website under Academics- Scheduling information. Please take time to review the coursebook to determine what your student may be interested in taking next year. We are offering several new classes. Current sophomores have been meeting individually with counseling staff to discuss schedules. If your child has not met with someone at this time, this will continue next week.
Juniors who attend ATC will keep their regular schedule by attending ATC the morning of January 30th. Mrs. Schilling will meet with these students individually to discuss their schedule for their senior year.
Dual Enrollment Programs
Parents and Students:
There has been some miscommunication regarding the requirements for each of our dual enrollment programs that we want to clear up.
ANY dual enrollment course that is offered within RYLE's building does NOT require an ACT score to apply. UK Next Gen is included in this.
The district Early College program also does NOT require an ACT score to apply.
Dual enrollment at Gateway, NKU, or Thomas More College - on their campus or through an online course -
Students must meet 2 of the 3 ACT benchmarks and be within 1 point on the third area. ( English 18, Math 19, Reading 20)
Students wishing to apply for one of these programs must have an ACT score by the March deadline. The last national ACT test date to take at this point is the February 11th ACT.
January 20th IS THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER WITH A LATE FEE FOR THE FEBRUARY ACT test! If you are unable to take the February ACT and you have not taken the ACT previously and met benchmark, you will need to choose one of the dual enrollment options offered here at RYLE or through Early College.
We hope this clears up any confusion.
Attention Juniors: The ACT will be administered at Ryle on March 7th. It is imperative that EVERY JUNIOR be at school on this date for testing.
Those students who attend outside programs will need to be in attendance.
The ACT educational Opportunity Service (EOS) is an optional program to help students learn about educational, scholarship and other opportunities. Through the EOS students are also able to send their ACT scores to up to 4 college/universities at no cost. Students who are under the age of 18 must receive parental consent in order to participate in the EOS. Attached you will find the document that needs to be completed by any 11th grade student under the age of 18. A signature is required to participate or not to participate. If this is not completed and returned to school, students will not be able to participate and sending scores to potential colleges and universities will require a fee. The form has been sent thru both students and parents email. We also have hard copies available in the guidance office. This is due to us no later than February 17th.
Mental Health America provides information, resources, and free and confidential mental health screening. For more information or to take a free screening: https://screening.mhanational.org
Incoming 9th graders will be attending an informational field trip on February 8th. Scholars will receive information on scheduling, clubs/activities, and receive a tour of the school.
Ryle will be hosting a parent orientation for incoming 9th graders on February 23rd. Families of incoming 9th graders will receive a copy of their schedule requests and an introduction to Ryle. Orientation is from 6-7 for families with last name A-K and 7-8 with last name L-Z. For families unable to attend, Ms. Dorgan and Ryle staff will work with the middle schools to review schedules. Parents may email Ms. Dorgan (9th Grade Counselor) to discuss errors in schedules.
March 10th is the deadline for incoming 9th graders to adjust or correct any errors in their schedules.
Murray State University’s Commonwealth Honors Academy
The 2023 Academy will be held at Murray State University from June3-June 24, 2023. This is open to current juniors. Upon completion of the Academy, students will receive 6 hours of university credits and the opportunity to receive an in-state full tuition scholarship to Murray State. Qualified students need a composite ACT of approx. 25 and a 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Other credentials such as community involvement and teacher recommendations are taken into consideration in the selection process.
Students need to visit: www.murraystate.edu/cha and complete the application.
Applications deadline is March 15, 2023.
Seniors: FAFSA is open!
- Completing the FAFSA: Everything You Need to Know
- 10 Common Mistakes Made on the FAFSA
- 4 Ways to Beat College Application Stress: https://blog.admissions.illinois.edu/four-ways-to-beat-college-application-stress/
- The Top 10 Parent Scholarship Questions & The Answers https://www.fastweb.com/college-scholarships/articles/parent-scholarship-questions-the-answers?utm_source=external_educator&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=HSCM_nlet2022
Suicide & Crisis Lifeline - 988 - See flyers attached
Tammy Dorgan (9th Grade Counselor) firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Coleman (10th Grade Counselor) email@example.com
Michelle Schilling (11th Grade Counselor) firstname.lastname@example.org
Erik Arkenberg (12th Grade Counselor) email@example.com