Quarter 1 Week 3
#1 Setting Fitness Goals
1. After reading "Setting Fitness Goals" what is the best way to track your fitness progress ?
2. Have you ever set fitness goals before ? Have you ever written them down ?
3. What is the goal of this course ?
4. Google and define the follows exercise components-
- cardio-respiratory endurance
- muscular endurance
5. How would you rate your present condition based on these 3 ?
Steps to setting Goals
1. What would an appropriate goal look like ?
2. Explain how the story of not checking a map on your trip is similar to setting fitness goals
3. As a teenager, why do you think teenagers have trouble setting goals ?
4. What is the trick to achieving your goals and aspirations ?
5. Look at the chart "why set goals" which one motivates you the most? Why ?
1. What is FITT ?
2. How frequent do you currently exercise ?
3. How intense ? Do you break a sweat ? Are you short of breath ?
4. What type if exercise do you currently do (none is OK !!) What time of day ?
Setting and Reaching goals
Either create a PDF or print out the chart below and attach of type your answers in the assignment box as usual
Improving or Maintaining your Fitness Level
1. now fill out the chart below with what you believed are currently obtainable goals
Warm up / cool down routine
1. don't forget the importance of warming up and cooling down
2. complete the chart below ...