This Week in Geometry
October 12 - October 16
I have a TON of glue, so all is good there, but my tape supply is running low. If (and only if) you have the means and desire to help, we could use some tape. The easiest kind for us to use is the rolls on disposable dispensers, as I can put one in each group for students' use. Again, IF you would like to donate to the cause, it would be greatly appreciated.
*I have no brand preference at all :)
Blackboard and Tutoring
Just a reminder that Blackboard is updated daily with calendar entries to let students know what they may have missed if they were absent. Also, the calendar has important events, such as marking period dates and test dates on it. I also post copies of assignments and handouts in Blackboard and attach copies of daily work assignments in Skyward.
Also, just a reminder that I am available for tutoring on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school, if students are struggling and need extra help. If Tuesdays and Thursdays don't work out for your student, encourage them to talk to me, as I am here many of the weekdays after school and could likely arrange another day if they need it.
This week, Tuesday is looking like the best day for me for tutoring. As of right now, the North Crowley homecoming parade is going to be on Thursday, October 15. Normally, we are required to leave the school as soon as it is dismissed, as they close down the streets around our campus. IF that happens this year, Thursday won't work out for me to tutor. If NOT, I will be there for tutoring.
This Week In Geometry
- We will be continuing our work with parallel lines and transversals
- This week's focus is on proving lines are parallel
- Monday, October 12 is a student holiday, so please enjoy the rest of the 3-day weekend
- Wednesday, October 14, 8th graders will be taking the PSAT. I don't know many details, but I believe it will be in the morning, so I will not be seeing my Geometry classes that day
- The next unit test will be next week, on Tuesday, October 20