BW HAL Services
A Support System for Teachers by Teachers
Need To Know
- HAL Registration Forms: All HAL students should have received a Registration form during GPS last week. Students may be coming to consult with you regarding their upcoming registration. On the form that we have provided them, students will be filling in their class choices. Please review their choices and include your own input on the classes that they have selected. Encourage rigor and growth mindset as the bulk of HAL services occur in the advanced level classes. It is of utter importance that these students are placed appropriately. We have attached links to the registration forms for each grade level at the bottom of this newsletter.
- Peer Tutoring Center: Please consider sending a student who is struggling to the peer tutoring center. This can be an effective resource for students who have been absent or need additional help on a topic. If you want to sign a student up for tutoring, write them a pass in their passbook to room 351 and enter their name and subject to be tutored in the peer tutoring google calendar. Thank you for your continued support of this program.
- Sharing Successful Individual Strategies: During the January inservice, we asked teachers to submit strategies that they have used with their HAL students. The form that you need to fill out for each of your HAL students can be found below. We will also email you a form to make submitting these strategies a quick and easy process. This information will then be included in a document similar to the IEP in Power School. This will be an important resource for teachers to gain information about servicing current and future HAL students. Teachers will have until May to submit strategies for each of their HAL students. This is a new document, so your contributions are in great need. Thank you very much for your time and for your reflective responses.
- Want to Generate a list of all of your current HAL students?
-log in: first name.last name
-generic password (if you haven't changed it): password
-click on "student demographic explorer" (on the left side menu)
-scroll over to "gifted"
-click the icon next to gifted and select "yes" to filter
-This will produce an alphabetized list of your HAL students
- Directions For Accessing Individualized "HAL Services Information" in Power School:
Click on the link above to open a google form where you can enter strategies you have used with each of your current HAL students. Please complete this with each HAL student you have by MAY. Thanks for your support.
Need help with a differentiation strategy? Have concerns about a specific student identified to receive HAL Services? Do you have a general question about BW HAL Services that we could answer or direct you to someone who can? CLICK ABOVE