Volume 7, Issue 15 -------------Dec. 15, 2014
This might traumatize your students, but...
Upcoming Week At Gattis...
1st Semester CBAs are finished (except makeups)!
End of 2nd grade period
Saturday, Dec. 13 - Breakfast with Santa
- 8:55 Initial ARD
- 9:50 Annual ARD
- 10:30 PDAS (Carley)
- LaWanda off campus pm only
- Deadline for entering fall Partner in Education Activity
- 9:50 Brief ARD
- 1:45 Brief ARD
- 1:45 504
- 3:05 Leadership
- 8:00 PDAS (Lucas)
- 9:55 PDAS (Lucas)
- 3:05 Team Time
- 7:35 Extended Morning Assembly with 5th grade performance
- End of 2nd grading period
- Holiday Parties
- Student Holiday/Staff Workday!!
Coming up soon!
- Dec. 13 8 - 11am Breakfast with Santa
- Dec. 16 Leadership Meeting
- Dec. 17 Dreadful Sweater Day
- Dec. 18 End of 2nd grading period
- Dec. 19 No school for students/ Teacher Prep Day
- Dec. 21- Jan, 2 - Winter Break
- Jan. 5 Professional Development
- Jan. 6 Students' first day back
- Jan. 6 Grades must be verified by noon
- Jan 6-30 MOY BAS window for 1st - 5th grade
- Jan. 7-15 Universal Screeners
- Jan. 12 Report cards go home
- Jan. 14 Award Ceremonies ( 3rd-8 am; 1st- 8:55 am; K-9:40 am)
- Jan. 15 Award Ceremonies (4th 8-am; 5th- 8:55 am; 2nd-9:40 am
- Jan. 16 Austin Jazz 8:50-9:50 3rd-5th grades
- Jan. 19 Martin Luther King Day/ School Holiday
- Jan. 20 Leadership Meeting
- Jan. 23 International Festival
- Jan 26-Feb. 20 MOY BAS window for Kinder
- Jan. 27 TAG Parent Social
- Jan. 19 6:30-7:30 Science Fair
Happy Birthday, December Babies!
Dec. 4 Annette Jones
Dec. 7 Tonja Wise
Dec. 8 Judy Buckles
Dec. 13 Claudette Barker
Dec. 14 Amanda Brown
Dec. 19 Simmie Wagoner
Dec. 26 Amy Hoffman
Dec. 29 Roxanna Alvarez
TEA Changes Testing Date for Grade 5 STAAR MathTEA has announced that it will move the testing date for the STAAR mathematics assessment for grade 5 from March 30, 2015, to April 20, 2015. The testing dates in other subject areas will remain unchanged.
CBA/ STAAR Ready Information
Please note that the math department is writing brand new questions for the STAAR Ready math assessments for grades 3, 4, and 5. Other subject areas may be using released STAAR tests. Unfortunately, there is no released STAAR test based on the new math TEKS. Instead we are writing all-new items based on the STAAR blueprints. The STAAR Ready assessment windows will open in mid- to late February.
Fall 3-5 Grade CBA Writing Prompts and 4th Grade Multiple Choice Writing CBA
Teacher Access to Analyzed Data can be found on the LA ARRC under the Curriculum Based Assessments tab or through this link.
Gattis is live on Facebook!
Be sure to "like" our campus facebook page! Share our page with parents via your newsletters too. Data is being collected on our activity and we want to increase our visibility in the community! Let me know if you have something you would like to have posted on FB and we can consider it. Posting with pictures tend to increase our FB traffic.
Partners in Education
Please remember to use this link throughout the year to record any donors and partnerships. If you have guest speakers to your classroom or gradelevel, record the activity. Guest speakers would be recorded as partners. Recording this information is an important piece of our accountability.