The Stuart Little's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Danielle's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Katie's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Le Andra's Email: email@example.com
Teacher's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Upcoming Zoophonics Friends
In the Classroom!
Welcome back from summer vacation Alec and welcome to our new friend Colton! This month Alec and our friend Cayden will be moving up the the Stuart's class.
Week One: ''L'' week. We will be learning about the letter L and talking about words that start with the letter and make the L sound. We will also be practicing writing the letter L with paint and painting our table. We also will have a leaping rice science activity! For this we will be using uncooked rice, vinegar, baking soda, and a clear jar.
Week Two: ''F'' week. For F week we will also be discussing F words and the sound that ''F'' makes. And drawing/writing the letter f in pudding!! We'll also be making a fancy fish cutout.
Week Three: ''E'' week. This week we will be learning about e words and the sound that ''E'' makes. We will be making Ellie Elephant puppets in class & practicing writing/ drawing the letter ''E''.
Week Four: Review week! We will be reviewing all the letters we've went over and the sounds that they all make. We will also be picking our favorite activities from the previous weeks & doing them for table time and or a sensory activity this week.
We will have a lot of sensory activities this month involving rice and lots of colors!
Healthy Start Wisdom
Yummy summer time snacks for you & your toddlers tummy !
Its HOT outside and to keep your toddler hydrated and their tummy happy here are a few snacks that they'll have fun eating & will make their tummies SMILE!
The Book Nook
The very hungry Caterpillar
The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a picture book written and illustrated by Eric Carle. It follows the life cycle of a caterpillar as it starts by coming out of its egg, all the way to becoming a butterfly. It teaches the days of the week and counting up to five. The book also introduces new/different foods.
The Parent's Spotlight
Would You Like To Donate?
We could use:
- Old bath size towels
- Empty toilet tissue rolls
If you ever have any materials, toys or ideas for our classroom please feel free to talk to us!
For example we're adding some awesomeness to our outdoor play space. Our 2's teachers are tackling this big job. We are in need of old pot, pans, utensils, and wooden planks. They are planning to create a music wall, mud kitchen, and reading area. Please let us know if you have anything that you'd like to donate for our cause. Thank you!
If you didn't have to sleep what would you do with the extra time and why?
- Ms. Ericka: I would explore the world at night time lol. I've always wondered if there was ever a moment where the entire world was just still. And get things that I didn't get to during the day done
- Ms. Lauren:
- Ms. Alisha: Read because it’s the best thing ever! You can always escape to interesting places and “meet” all sort of people.
- Mr. Mike: exercise because I wouldn’t be tired!!!
- Ms. Danielle: I’d still sleep. Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. I could sleep all day
- Ms. LeAndra: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up on all my favorite TV shows I'm way behind on. I would also spend more time with family and friends during the day and then work on house chores at night.
- Ms. Katie: If I didn't have to sleep, I would spend my extra time to go do fun things with my son that I won't do on the weekends because they're packed. Examples include, Children's Museum, the Zoo, etc.
- Ms. Erin: Read more, I have all these books, and never enough time to read all of them.
- Ms. Mikayla: I'd catch up on some reading since it seems like I'm always pushing it off. I would like to think that I would do some housekeeping chores too but I think I would probably still procrastinate
- Ms. Maggie: If I didn't have to sleep I would catch up with my DVR. I would catch up with my DVR because I am always a couple of episodes behind
- Ms. Rachel: Probably play video games, and read more books
- Ms. Hailey: probably still sleep cause I love to sleep