December 18 Newsletter
EASTON AREA HS INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC
- Weekly Schedule
- Orchestra Concert - Monday (TIME CHANGE)
- MB Uniform Care
- REMINDER - Showcase Concert Information
- Christmas...and All That Jazz - thank you!
- REMINDER - Concert Band seating auditions due Wednesday
- December concerts & performances
- Instrumental Music Department Concert/ Event Dates
- NEW - Sportswear & Shammy Shine are in!
Monday, December 19
- Winter Orchestra Concert, 7:30 - 9:00pm (students report @ 6:00pm)
Tuesday, December 20
- MS Showcase Concert (during school day - more info in student band app)
Wednesday, December 21
- Due: Concert Band seating auditions
- Jazz Band, 6:00 - 9:00pm
Friday, December 23
- NO SCHOOL
- NO SCHOOL
Stay up to date by viewing our online calendar on our website!
Event/ General Information
Orchestra Concert: Monday, December 19
This change is due to the MS orchestra & choir concert being rescheduled from the inclement weather last week. Students were notified of this change Thursday afternoon.
For any families who have siblings in both MS choir/ orchestra & HS orchestra, if you need flexibility regarding report times for the HS, please contact Mr. Ballentine directly. We were happy to find a solution that at least provided both our MS & HS students the opportunity to perform.
Marching Band Uniform Care
- Ensure the jacket is hung on the hanger supplied at the beginning of the season.
- Hang the jacket OUTSIDE of the garment bag.
- Pants should be hung on the creases. Please hang this OUTSIDE of the garment bag to air out after the rain on Saturday.
- Make sure hats are not pressed up against other items. The top of the hat should not be rubbing against anything in a closet.
- Guard: please adhere to the uniform care instructions given during uniform fittings. This document can also be found here.
*If you need any repairs completed on your uniform, please contact Mrs. Niosi or Mrs. Crawford. Do not complete any repairs at home.
Showcase Concert Information: Tuesday, December 20
- All students report to rehearsal room at beginning of Block 02.
- Depart for EAMS @ 9:30 AM.
- Rehearsal in EAMS auditorium & lunch (provided, but students may also pack own)
- Concert from 12 - 1:15 PM.
- Return to EAHS by 2:00 PM.
Marching Band Attire: full uniform (including hats & gloves). Students will need to bring their uniforms to school on Tuesday.
Orchestra Attire: full concert uniform
Students are responsible for any missed work.
Christmas...and All That Jazz THANK YOU
Concert Band Auditions - due Wednesday
Seating auditions are due this Wednesday. Students were provided specific links to submit their playing videos. Every student is expected to submit a video.
December Concerts & Performances
Winter Orchestra Concert
- Monday, December 19 7:30 PM
Middle School Showcase Concert
- Tuesday, December 20 (during school)
* Marching Band, Choir & 10 - 12 orchestras
Sportswear & Shammy Shine are in!
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.