AFC Jr/Sr High School
Week of January 11th
We had a great week here at AFC Jr/Sr High School! It was so nice to see most of our students each day. We miss our full remote and quarantined students, but I'm glad they're able to participate in each of their classes throughout the day through synchronous instruction.
Our students have been respectful and adhering to our safety precautions. Our classrooms have all desks spaced 6 feet apart and are sanitized between each class period. Our additional lunch allows all students to eat while practicing social distancing and the lunchroom seating is sanitized between each use, as well.
Due to social distancing limitations in some classrooms, some students are asked to move to an alternate location to join the class virtually. If a student is in need of headphones with a built-in microphone to participate in class, we have them available in the main office.
I wanted to leave you with a few reminders:
- Full remote and quarantined students must join each class period virtually to avoid an unexcused absence. If your student is experiencing internet/computer problems, please let the main office know.
- All students must join for synchronous learning on Friday afternoons (the schedule is below).
- If your student is unable to join in-person or virtual classes, you must contact the main office to excuse their absence.
- If a teacher is out of the building and a sub is covering their class, full remote and quarantined students will not be able to join the class virtually and will not be marked absent. Teachers will let students know if this is the case.
Thank you and please let me know if you have questions!
Senior Meeting Next Week
January 22: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Synchronous learning will be cancelled for Friday afternoon
- Please email your student(s)' teachers to schedule a virtual conference
7th Grade Student of the Week
Claire Freeman was nominated by her teachers as our 7th Grade Student of the Week! Her teachers had the following to say about her:
Excellent student and great participant in class. She is an example for others to follow and is very kind and considerate.
The work that Claire submits is beyond what is expected. She takes pride in her work. The few times she has been wrong, she is quick to want to know what mistake she made.
Claire overflows with kindness each day. She demonstrates excellent behavior inside and outside of the classroom. She is well mannered and respectful to her peers and teachers. She excels in her studies and is humble about her achievements. I truly enjoy having Claire in my class.
Great job, Claire! We will be recognizing an 8th grader next week.