The Bulldog Bulletin
September 6th, 2019
- 19 Thursday School Picture Day and 5th grade panoramic picture
- 20 Friday FALL FESTIVAL 4:30 pm
- 3 Thursday PTO meeting 7:00 pm Library
- 8 Tuesday STEM Night 6:30 pm
- 9 Wednesday Early Dismissal 11:45 am
- 24 Thursday 4th grade concert 6:30 pm 5th grade concert 7:30 pm
- 31 Thursday Halloween Parade (1:30) and Parties (1:45)
Fall Festival Information
Join us on Friday 9/20 at the annual Bristol Fall Festival
Room Parents Needed!
Welcome Back Parents,
Now that school is off to a great start, the Room Parent committee is reaching out to you for your help! A number of classrooms are in need of room parents for the upcoming year.
Room parents are the liaison between the classroom parents and the PTO. Room Parents ensure that our holiday parties are planned and executed (they do not need to attend the parties unless they want to); they send out important information and reminders to the classroom about PTO initiatives and events; and they encourage participation from other parents in school-wide activities.
Please consider volunteering as a Room Parent or to assist with other activities and events. Signing up is easy and can be done through the online buzz book: Membership Toolkit.
If you are unsure about the time requirements, please attend the Room Parent informational meeting Tomorrow night (Thursday Sept 5 @6:30 in Bristol library) and let us explain in person.
We hope to see you all there!
Kathy and Ashlee (Room parent co-chairs)
Bristol Buzz Book
Bristol Buzz Book Is Online
The Online Directory is available and is now accessed through Membership Toolkit (similar to MySchoolAnywhere, which has been used in years past). An email was sent to all parents on Tuesday, Sept. 4 using the email that was given to WGSD at registration (or the email that was already in the MySchoolAnywhere database).
If you did not receive the email, please check your Junk folder. If you still cannot find it, you can still register and login to Membership Toolkit using the link and steps below:
- Click on the Register/Login button.
- Select "Create Account" and fill in the name, email, and password information.
- Click "verify my email" and then check your email for a link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
- Once you have verified your email address, log back in and finish the registration process:
- Complete the Parent/Family and Student Information. If the email you used to create your account is the same email used for Webster Groves School District registration, you should see your Family Information and be able to confirm/update it as necessary. If the email you used to create your account is different, you will be prompted to enter in Family Information from scratch, and you may end up with duplicate Family/Contact records in the system.
- Complete the Directory/Publish Preferences.
- Once these forms are complete, you will be presented with forms for PTO donations, Printed Buzz Books, and Volunteer Opportunities.
Please contact Maria Wetzel at email@example.com with any questions you have about the “Buzz Book”.
Volunteering at Bristol
Anyone wishing to volunteer (parents, grandparents, etc) at Bristol should do the following…
Webster Groves School District Website
Click on Departments specifically Human Resources and there are two icons (Raptor Volunteer Screening and Raptor Volunteer Application) to click on that explain what is needed to volunteer within Webster Groves School District schools.
Questions? Please contact Terry Mueller @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Bristol Spirit Gear
Bristol PTO 1 and Done Campaign!
Webster Groves Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Important Morning Arrival Reminder
Morning supervision does not begin until 8am. Many students are arriving to school too early when there is not supervision. Front doors will not be opened until 8:00 am when supervision begins.
Thank you for helping us ensure the safety of our Bristol community!
3rd Grade Strings Information!
Bricks for Kids!
Webster Groves Foundation
We need your help to keep everyone safe at arrival & dismissal. We recognize that due to our location, parking and student drop-off/pick-up can be a challenge.
We give our students safety reminders every day at dismissal, but need your help as well.
We want to make sure everyone gets in and out of school safely. Please help us with the items below:
Please use crosswalks: We ask that students and parents please use designated crosswalks. Cutting across the street at other spots is dangerous with traffic in the area.
Please observe no parking zones: Please refrain from parking in the designated No Parking zones at the corner of Gray & W. Cedar. Parking in those zones limits the ability for traffic to make turns and makes it difficult to see people in the crosswalk.
Please pull forward: We know that this is easier said than done, but please try and pull forward as far as you can when dropping off/picking up. IF we maximize our use of the curb/sidewalk in front of the school things will move more quickly.
U-Turns: We ask that parents & caregivers please refrain from making U-turns in front of the school.
It's not always easy, but if we all work together on the above items, we can make the best of a challenging situation and keep everyone safe. We have had reminders in the Bulletin throughout the year. Webster Police Department may be helping us keep everyone safe by in the coming days with reminders and enforcement.
Thank you for helping us stay safe!
Entering the Building, Visiting During School Hours
Upon your first visit, you will be asked for your ID to scan into our system for the 2019-2020 school year. Once you scan in this school year, you will not need to repeat this process. You will just be asked for your name so that we can print your visitor badge.
Thank you for your support as we work to keep our Bulldogs safe!
Allergies & Lunch Room Seating