September 24- Donna Roth 28- Leslie Morgan
Nuts and Bolts
Conferences- Conference notes will be in your box Monday to send home. We asked parents to return by Wednesday so you could send another note home Wednesday afternoon to those who did not return. ELL students DO NOT need the note sent home. Monique has already scheduled ALL ELL kiddos and will give you their times to put in before we schedule everyone else. Meet in the Library on Friday, September 25 at 8:00 a.m. to schedule all siblings. Final times will go home Monday, September 28. Fall conferences will be 20 minutes in length.
Conference Times- Wednesday, October 7 from 4:00-8:30 with a 30 minute dinner you can schedule however works for you. Thursday, October 8 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with a 40 minute lunch. Friday is a compensation day for working an additional 6.5 hours on Wednesday and Thursday. Dinner will be provided by PTO Wednesday night. You can go out and get lunch on Thursday.
Notes that go home- If you are ever short or need more of the notes that went home from school or PTO, there are extras in the office, just stop by and we'll get you what you need.
- Tuesday- Faculty meeting at 7:30 in Room 215.
- Wednesday- Marzano workshop on Classroom Management that Works and PBIS. 8:30-3:30 at CO in Board Room.
- Thursday- Greg Tang training for 3rd and 4th grade at Monroe 7:30-2:00, lunch provided. ELL Night at Kokomo Joes 6:00-7:30.
- Friday- Monroe Family Movie Night, 6:30-9:15. Sign-up sheet in the lounge. Schedule sibling conferences in library at 8:00a.m. ELL is already scheduled and times will be given to you before Friday.
Empathy vs. Sympathy
Heather challenged us to think about "Billy" in a different way...
Instead of "How do I get Billy to change his behavior"
- "What is driving Billy's behavior?"
- "What can I do at this very moment to improve my relationship with this student?"
In our faculty meeting Tuesday we will be talking more about some of the things we learned at this workshop and have time to share ideas with each other. Below is the link to watch a clip she showed us on the difference between empathy and sympathy,
Tuesday- LT meeting at 7:45 in library. (Everyone is welcome to attend)
Wednesday- Shower after school for Molly and Courtney.
Thursday- PTO Meeting at 6:30 in lounge.
Friday- Picture re-take day. Families from 9:00-9:30.