By: Soyoung Cho - Mrs. Zoda 7th Period
Why Did They Leave?
- The flooding of the Huang He River destroyed the crops and caused diseases
- The Taiping Rebellion caused 20 million Chinese peasants to die
- The Northern Chinese Famine caused 13 million deaths
- Main style of Chinese cooking is Cantonese
- Rice is one of the major sources in China
- Chinese people rely
- Chinese people rely on peanuts, ginger, and sesame paste to give their food the spiciness
- Tea is Chinas national drink
- Lunar New Year is one of the biggest holiday/celebration in china
- Lunar new year happens between the end of January and the start of February
- Chinese New year is celebrated on the first day of the first month
- The Lantern Festival is celebrated on the 15th day of the first month
- The Blue Dragon Festival is celebrated on the 2nd day of the 2nd month
- China is a multi-religious Country
- Most people in China are Atheist
Other religions other than Buddhism, Taoism, Islam, Confucianism, and Catholicism are illegal
Other Facts On Culture
- Xun (flute like instrument)
- Pŭtōnghuà is the national language spoken in China
- China is the birth place of Kung fu
- (Kung Fu is based on animal movement and is created in the 1600's)
- Chinas art is influenced by its history
Food I'm Making..
Egg Roll Skins
- Sam Hing
- Was a labor contractor who brought Chinese men to work on the railroads.
- His son was the first Chinese child born in Texas
- Mar Yum Eh (Sam Mardock)
- Was an interpreter and also opened 6 restaurants
- Doctor T.F. Sam
- Was a Chinese doctor
Facts About China
One of the largest countries in the world
- In China, every year is represented by one of 12 animals. 2016 is the year of the monkey!
- Great wall of China
About 35 million people in China still live in caves
Playstation is illegal in China
Nearly 4 million cat are eaten in China every year
Half of all the world’s pigs live in china
20 millions trees are cut down every years to make chopsticks
Only 7% of the people in China are religious
China is the least religious country in the world
At least 20 million people died from the Taiping Rebellion
"China Map - Trails of Indochina." China Map - Trails of Indochina. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2016.
"China Flag Colors - China Flag Meaning History." China Flag Colors - China Flag Meaning History. N.p., n.d. Web. 04 Feb. 2016.
Zimmermann, By Kim Ann. "Chinese Culture: Customs & Traditions of China." LiveScience. TechMedia Network, 20 Jan. 2015. Web. 04 Feb. 2016.
"Push and Pull Factors of Chinese Migration." For Kids ***. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Feb. 2016.
"30 Cool Facts About China!" National Geographic Kids. N.p., n.d. Web. 05 Feb. 2016.
"China Facts: 56 Facts about China âFACTSlidesâ." China Facts: 56 Facts about China âFACTSlidesâ. N.p., n.d. Web. 07 Feb. 2016.
Www.texancultures.utsa.edu/texansoneandal, Web Site:. "Chinese Texans." 24-Chinese Texans (n.d.): n. pag. TexasCultures. Web. 7 Feb. 2016.