Greer Middle College Charter H.S.
Wednesday Wrap Up
- Friday will be an "A" day. As part of Spirit Week, this is a dress down day provided the student has paid (Look at list Mrs. Bailey sent). Teachers--if you paid, then you may wear jeans.
- We are having Cluster on Friday. Be in the cafe so we can be ready at 1:50. Please read Laura's email pertaining to what to bring for Cluster.
- TAP Founder's Award: As a finalist, a video crew will be coming to our school the morning of Wednesday, February 10. They will be here for 3-4 hours. Here is a link to the 2015 award winner and what the video crew is looking for: http://www.niet.org/newsroom/videos/event/23 We will publicize this more as the time gets closer.
- Spirit Week: On Friday, Jan. 29, our basketball teams will play at Brashier. The gym holds around 400. With the girls' game at 6, I encourage you to get there early.
- April 25 and April 22 are now regular school days. April 22 will be a B day.
- I have two documents to complete with one building related. Our 5-year business model will help with developing our fiscal year 17 (16-17 school year) budget and project out 4 more years. In addition, we are going through our charter and correcting errors. I may ask a couple of you to help with this process.
- After reading through the charter 1 time, I did find one thing. Faculty and staff are to be here by 7:45 a.m. and your leave time is 3:45 p.m (The charter actually says 4:00). We will adhere to this time schedule. A couple of you are on a staggered time and I am aware of this. Friday afternoon is more flexible. See me if you have questions.
- Mark your calendar, please. February 20 will be our family intake conferences to be held at the social hall of Praise Cathedral. All teachers are to be there and you do receive exchange hours for this event. This event is for our future 9th grade students and parents.
- TAX TIME: Do not forget to pick up W2s from Rosemary.
- Individualized Graduation Plan (IGP) conferences will start on Feb. 1. Guidance will take care of these conferences.
- Please read Vickie's email related to ASVAB testing.
- Open enrollment does end for 8th grade students/parents on Feb. 4. If you know of someone that is interested, please let them know of the deadline.
- Really good article and research on many concepts related to what we do weekly: http://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2016/01/27/researchers-say-us-schools-could-learn-from.html
Have a great rest of the week!