This Week at the Park
University Park Elementary News~ Week of February 13th, 2023
Important Upcoming Dates
Wednesday, February 15th: Domino's Spirit Night
Friday, February 17th: 3rd Quater Interims Issued (1st-6th Grade)
Saturday, February 18th: Super Success Saturday -Day 3
Monday, February 20th: Regular school day (Hurricane Nicole Make-up Day)
Saturday, February 25th: Music Festival at the King Center 7:00 p.m.
Monday, February 28th: SAC Meeting @ 3:45 p.m.
UPark Family Support Needed
Over the past few weeks we have seen an increase in students attending school out of dress code. There have been students attending school in slides or wearing Crocs . Please review the following from the BPS Code of Student Conduct. We appreciate your support!
1. No hats, curlers, bandanas, or sunglasses (unless prescribed by a physician) are to be worn in the school building or hallways.
2. Extreme hair styles or hair colors that create a disruption are prohibited.
B. Upper Garments
1. Garments must be of a length and fit that are suitable to the build and stature of the student.The cut of sleeveless garments must not expose undergarments or be otherwise immodest.
2. Strapless garments are prohibited. Straps of permitted garments must be a minimum of 1 1/2inches in width. (Tube tops and halter tops are prohibited.) 24
3. Necklines of all upper garments must be modest. Low cut necklines are prohibited.
4. Excessively large or baggy clothes, which may conceal dangerous items or be a safety hazard, shall not be worn.
5. Upper garments must adequately cover the waistline and must not expose the midriff while the student is performing normal school-related activities (studying, retrieving books, raising hands, etc.).
C. Lower Garments
1. Pants shall conform to the build and stature of the student, shall be worn at the waist, and shallnot extend below the heel of the shoe in length. Pants shall have no holes or rips. (Tights, spandex, leggings, bike shorts, etc., are not permitted.)
2. Under garments shall not be visible. (Sports bras are considered undergarments.)
3. Dresses and skirts must reach mid-thigh or below in length with the waistband of skirts worn at waist level.
4. Shorts must have clearly discernable inseams of reasonable length and cover the buttocks. Short shorts are prohibited.
5. Garments must be of a length and fit that are suitable to the build and stature of the student.
Students in K-6 must wear shoes that are safe and appropriate for recess and physical education.
Brevard Public Schools Job Fair
Join BPS on February 14th from 8:30 am -11:00 am in the Brevard Schools Boardroom to learn about career opportunities with BPS!
Brevard Public Schools are seeking instructional assistants, substitutes, cafeteria staff, custodians, bus drivers, and other support positions. Visit www.JoinTeamBPS.com for more information.
Introducing Brevard Public School’s brand new social care website, BPS Community Connect. BPS Community Connect is powered by Find Help and was created to help you easily find and connect with helpful programs in your area (or anywhere in the US!)—just enter your ZIP Code and you’ll immediately find local programs willing to help you. Best of all, IT’S FREE!
Check it out here: bpscommunityconnect.findhelp.com
Overview of FindHelp: https://auntbertha-2.wistia.com/medias/xoxjrm9qcl