SPS Wellness Plan
Promoting healthy living
- "Whole-grain rich product"
- Have as the first ingredient a fruit, a vegetable, a dairy product, or a protein food (meat, beans, poultry, seafood, eggs, nuts, seeds, etc.)
- Be a combination food that contains at least ¼ cup of fruit and/or vegetable
- Contain 10% of the Daily Value (DV) of one of the nutrients of public health concern in the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans (calcium, potassium, vitamin D, or fiber)
- A combination food of a meat/meat alternate and a whole-grain rich grain item
- A combination food of a fruit or vegetable and a meat/meat alternate
- A meat/meat alternate alone – with the exception of yogurt, low-fat cheese, nuts, seeds, and nut butters
- No carbonated beverages or energy drinks will be sold at any grade level.
- Plain water
- Unflavored low fat milk
- Unflavored or flavored fat free milk and milk alternatives permitted by NSLP/SBP
- 100% fruit or vegetable juice
- 100% fruit or vegetable juice diluted with water, and no added sweeteners
This wellness plan will lead to happier and healthier students!