What is DC Reach?
Goals for the Chapters
- Chapters should plan at least 2 globalization related programs in the term (non-fundraiser). One should be with a chapter in another country. Other programs are up to the discretion of the chapter.
- Chapters reach chapter goal for ISF, preferably more using innovative means of fundraising.
- Initiate the Mazkirim as heads of globalization in the chapter, partnering with the S’ganim and Gizborim.
- Programs must be sent to Council S’gan and Council Mazkir.
Overall Goals for DC Reach
·Will operate on three core principles: interact, contribute, engage (ICE):
-Interact: Create more opportunities for connections, develop stronger global relationships, allow teens to develop a two-way cultural exchange.
-Contribute: Redefine fundraising for globalization, create more resources for fundraising, strive to drastically increase ISF pledges to reflect our growing movement.
-Engage: Develop aspects of a strong globalization program to lead to an official bank of globalization programs, implement leadership training for teens on both ends of the exchange, integrate globalization more strongly into BBYO.
- Will incorporate specific goals into chapters:
A chapter pledge for globalization that sets three goals corresponding to the principles outlined in ICE: a fundraising goal for ISF, a programming goal to truly bring globalization back to the home communities, and an education/advocacy/connection goal to link teens from base chapters to those across the world.