Week 19: The Republic of Texas
Must earn 45 points.
New republic: New Opportunities and Challenges (must do)
- Make a check list for 1 point
- Do the "Main Idea" on the back of the newspaper. 5 POINTS
Articles Must Read 2 for 14 Points. ( all three for 17)
- Sam Houston - First President of the Republic
- What Happened to Austin?
- Mirabeau B. Lamar - Father of Texas Education
7 Points: Must do one:
Let's Write: On the back of the newspaper
Online Test: Remember - if you took it last week, you must do the writing prompt this week. You must make 7/8.
MUST DO 5 Points: Compare and Contrast
- Put this in your notebook - You must use the Studies Weekly paper to cite one source for your answers. For example: You found part of the answer on Page 1 in the article "Sam Houston - First President of the Repbulic".
QUESTION: Compare and contrast Sam Houston and Mirabeau B. Lamar
3 Points Each:
- Crossword Puzzle
- The Lone Star State on Silver Coin
- A Capital Decision
1 Point each:
- Watch a video and answer the easy, medium and hard questions
- View a photo and answer the easy, medium and hard questions
- Find 5 new words and highlight them.