What is AIDS?
Taylor, Adam. "Achieving an AIDS-free Generation by Healing the International Village."Sojourners. N.p., 3 Aug. 2012. Web. 24 Oct. 2013.
How many people in the United States have AIDS?
"AIDS." Salk Institute. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
What is HIV?
"What Does HIV and Aids Mean?" What Does HIV and Aids Mean? N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
How are AIDS and HIV related?
"HIV Positive." HIV Positive. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
How can children get AIDS?
"World AIDS Day and NICHD HIV/AIDS Research." World AIDS Day and NICHD HIV/AIDS Research. N.p., n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
What does AIDS do to the body?
"Family Planning." Greene County, NY. N.p., 2012. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.
What are two ways doctors are treating AIDS patients?
"Special Events." ActionAids. The Philadelphia Department of Public Health, AIDS Activities Coordinating Office, n.d. Web. 24 Oct. 2013.
What research is being done to find a cure?
- Identify HIV reservoirs in the body.
- Determine the effects of antiretroviral therapy, chemotherapy, and other strategies on the HIV reservoir.
- Develop assays and model systems, including a nonhuman primate model, to quantify and study HIV latency.
- Characterize viral reservoirs that cause rebounding of viral levels when antiretroviral therapy is stopped.
- Determine the role of HIV integration on virus elimination strategies
- Determine the role of HIV in hematopoietic progenitor cells in regards to cure strategies
- Investigate strategies that lead to purging of the latent reservoir and a cure for HIV/AIDS
How successful has it been?
"U.S. Statistics." Aids.gov. U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, n.d. Web. 28 Oct. 2013.