Phishing is dishing out your info
The dangers of phishing
About 80,000 people every day get phished and share their personal information. Phishing asks for e-mails, passwords and credit card information. Phishing comes in through pop up ads that seem legit. Always be skeptical when e-mails or pop up ads ask for your password or other information.
Ways to prevent getting phished
- Guard against spam
- Communicate personal information only on a phone or a secure website
- Don't click on links, download files or open attachments in e-mails from unknown senders
- Never e-mail personal financial information even if you are close with the recipient.
- Beware of links in e-mails that ask for personal information
- Never enter personal information in a pop-up screen
- Find more ways to prevent getting phished at http://www.identitytheftkiller.com/prevent-phishing-scams.php
Beware of Phishing Scams