To The Point!
AOMAM Monthly Newsletter
Welcome to Summer!
First off, take a look at our new website, www.aomam.org. We would love to start posting articles, research or other timely updates regarding our MN acupuncture community. If you have something you'd like to contribute and have posted on the site, please email us at email@example.com. We welcome your general feedback as well!
If you're free this coming weekend and are itching for a mini road trip, come check us out at the MS150 Acupuncture Treatment Tent up at the Grand Casino in Hinkley.
Also, this coming weekend we have our CEU Expert Pannel Discussion from 11:00am to 1:00pm, followed by our General Membership meeting till 2:00pm. Food from Holy Land will be provided during the event. If you haven't done so already, please rsvp on Eventrbite for the CEU Panel Discussion!
For those following EHR news, as it pertains to Minnesota, we've received the following update from the Minnesota Department of Health. Follow the links below for more information.
Amendment to EHR Mandate in Minnesota
In Minnesota, small medical practices with seven practitioners or fewer are no longer mandated to implement Electronic Health Records (EHR) in their clinics, due to a bill that was passed by Minnesota lawmakers in the 2015 legislative session. Citizens' Council for Health Freedom (CCHF), a Minnesota-based health organization, drafted the amendment to Minnesota Statute §62J.495 that was accepted by the Minnesota House Committee.
CCHF released the following statement directly after House session:
"We're pleased that lawmakers have included this important amendment in Rep. Tara Mack's bill that would allow small clinics and practices to continue to serve patients in Minnesota," stated Twila Brasse, president and co-founder of CCHF. "This amendment begins to give Minnesota the level of freedom and privacy available to doctors and patients in the rest of the nation."
We would like to clarify that the current statute language regarding EHR exemption reads as follows "Individual health care providers in private practice with no other providers and health care providers that do not accept reimbursement from a group purchaser, as defined in section 62J.03, subdivision 6, are excluded from the requirements of this section."
- For more details, please read Minnesota Statute §62J.495.
- For additional information about the EHR amendment, visit The Office of the Revisor of Statues, as well as CCHF's, press release Minnesota House Committee Accepts CCHF Amendment on Electronic Health Records State Mandate
- For general information about EHR, visit CCMI's EHR web page or the Minnesota Department of Health's EHR Frequently Asked Questions document.
MS150 Acupuncture Treatment Tent
Saturday, June 13th, 9pm
Grand Casino, Hinckley, MN, United States
Come join us at the MS150 Acupuncture Treatment Tent!
The event will be held on June 13th, 2015 at the Grand Casino Hotel in Hinkley, MN.
Please make sure you are a part of our Facebook group, that's where we share info & updates on the event. Please check in regularly! https://www.facebook.com/groups/179687788853899/
CEU Workshop & Panel Discussion
Sunday, June 14th, 11am-1pm
2501 West 84th Street
Save the date for our next CEU workshop!
We will have an expert panel discussion with practitioners who have successfully found ways to integrate insurance billing into their clinic practice and will share their framework for billing and other best practices.
1. Cassandra Roberson - Shakti Clinic of Oriental Medicine
2. Julie McCormick – Selby Acupuncture
3. Nicholas Zimet - Nicholas Zimet Acupuncture
General Membership Meeting
Sunday, June 14th, 1-2pm
2501 West 84th Street
We are looking to host a general membership meeting from 1:00 - 2:00pm following the CEU panel discussion. Food and beverages will be provided!
General Membership Meeting Topics:
1. Association name change discussion to move away from the term "Oriental" and to follow national trends in our profession.
2. Student membership rate change for NWHSU's enrollment incentive
3. Discuss budget to join national CSA
4. Overall PR campaign objectives and topics
5. Media needs
6. Committee needs and recruitment
7. Participation in Red Ribbon Ride, July 19th in St. Paul