SMOKING HURTS YOU AND OTHERS!
A cigarette is poison wrapped in a piece of paper
Do you want to smoke poisons?
There are many dangerous poisons in a cigarette. These are just a few:
- Tobacco- A plant whose leaves are used to make cigarettes
- Acetone- Nail polish remover
- Ammonia- Household cleaner
- Arsenic-Used in rat poisons and in bullets
- Butane-Used in light fluid
- Carbon Monoxide- A poisonous gas
- Cadmium- Used in batteries
- Cresol-Used in making bombs
- Cyanide- Used in making chemical weapons, and a deadly poison
- DDT- A banner insecticide
- Lead- Heavy metal, used to make plumbing and other pipes
- Formaldehyde- Used to preserve dead bodies
- Polonium- Radioactive
- Vinyl Chloride- Used in making PVC pipes, knows to cause cancer
What does a cigarette do to your body?
A cigarette is poison in a piece of paper. In can cause numerous problems to arise such as atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis is the hardening of the arteries, which can lead to a heart attack or stroke, potentially to death. Another effect of smoking is severe bronchitis. This bronchitis is very severe and leads to the swelling of the breathing tubes in the lungs, and can cause coughing and soreness. One of the many other problems that may occur is, emphysema. Emphysema is an illness which causes the air sacs in your lungs to expand and lose their elasticity. By smoking, your slowly killing yourself. Imagine stabbing a knife into your arteries everyday. That is what a cigarette does to your body.
Terrie Hall: In Her Own Voice :30
What is second hand smoking?
Second hand smoking is even more dangerous then a person smoking a cigarette. Second hand smoking is when the people around you are inhaling the smoke the smoker is emitting. They are inhaling all of that smoke which makes it even more dangerous. Do you want to hurt people around you just for your enjoyment?