Gifted Education Seminar (GES)
A District 68 Internal University Course
What is the Gifted Education Seminar?
Gifted Education Seminar (GES) is an intensive 36-hour professional development opportunity for staff to increase their knowledge and skills as they relate to working with gifted and talented students. The goal of the course is to assist teachers in creating a learning environment that supports maximal growth for every gifted learner.
Teachers and administrators will examine how the philosophy of differentiation complements the philosophy of RtI, using learning interventions to support optimal learning. The innovative delivery of the seminar content is technology based. The content is highly interactive, stimulating rich discussion and sharing. Differentiation strategies are experienced and modeled throughout the seminar. Journaling and reflection are important elements of this learning process.
The course will be taught by Dr. Kelly Neylon, District Gifted Coordinator, a certified GES trainer.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity!
Gifted Education Seminar
Thursday, Oct. 9th 2014 at 4:30pm
Jefferson Jr High School, Woodridge, IL, United States
What are the dates of the course?
- Thursdays 4:30- 8:30 pm
- 10/9, 10/16, 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20, 12/4, 12/11
What is the cost for those who want to attend?
- $250 per person
How many Internal University credits will I receive for attending this course?
- 2 1/4 Internal University credits will be presented to all who successfully complete the course requirements.
How many CPDUs will I receive?
- 36 hours of CPDUs will be available
Are graduate level credits available?
- 3 Graduate Level Credits can be purchased through Aurora University
Can I get paid an hourly rate if I want to attend but don't want Internal University credit?
- Staff choosing not to receive Internal University credit will be paid $14 per hour for each of the 36 hours of class attendance.
RSVPs are enabled for this event.