The Falcon Monday Message
Week of September 19, 2016
2016-2017 CAMPUS BIG GOALS
Operate a Coaching and Professional Development Program of Excellence
Accelerate Our College Culture Into Career Dreams
Realize the Full Potential of our Parents, Community and our Diversity
STAFF OF THE WEEK!!!!
Mr. Burak for being so supportive of the coaches, teachers and TAs and for always being solution oriented!!
Ms. Maria Scully, Mr. Thomas and all the teachers who participated in the very first PTA meeting! Thank you for helping it turn out so successful.
Ms. Whitlow, Ms. Sims and Ms. Swoboda for being open to feedback and implementing it into their classrooms.
Mr. Manalo for making Science so fun and engaging for his students.
Ms. Sims for keeping her students engaged with rigorous, standard aligned activities!
Ms. Sabrina Gonzalez for being a great addition to the second grade team! Thanks for sharing your ideas and excitement for teaching your students with your colleagues.
Mr. Lentz for representing Foster at Super Saturday!!!
PK Team (Teachers and T.A.s) for meeting weekly after school to review lesson plans and instruction for the following week.
Kindergarten Team for working with parents as volunteers for school wide projects
Ms. Swoboda for the first to submit her Fall Tutoring Schedule to Ms. Clark
Ms. Whitlow reinforces conceptual knowledge of perimeter by having students sit on the perimeter of the carpet!
Ms. Gonzalez using visuals to aid students in their learning.
Mr. Manalo brings science to life!
Ms. Sims's students collaboratively working on rigorous, standard aligned activities.
Ms. Swoboda implements feedback by making adjustments to her instruction and anchor charts.
Foster's booth at Super Saturday
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS
- 5E will make announcements all week (3 students report to Mr. Hall's Office by 7:40am)
- Spots/Feedback: Group B
- Book Fair continues this week
- College and Career Week is here! Check your flyer for activities and dress-up days
- New Teacher PD Monday @ 3:30pm in the Quad
- Mandatory Child Abuse Training (ALL Staff must attend) Wednesday @ 3:15pm in the Auditorium
- Committee Plans due to Ms. Clark Friday by COB
- Don't forget that door/hallway judging will take place Friday afternoon! Our new ED will be coming to judge, so get those hallways ready!!
1st -5th Math and Reading PLC's this Tuesday in the Quad. Check your email (Math teachers) for your agendas. Please read over it, because there are a few changes in the protocol this week and what you should bring to the meeting is also different. There will be a hard copy in your mailbox Monday morning as well.
Professional Development for Teachers new to Foster this year: The DDI (Data-Driven Instruction) Process. The PD will take place in the Quad 1 (Ms. Bahena's Office) on Monday after school from 3:30pm-4:15pm.
- Please be sure you submit your attendance by 9:00am everyday.