Crew's News- Mrs. Copeland's Class
Feb. 1 - Feb. 5
What are we up to?
- Writing - Friendly Letter Writing and opinion pieces
- ELA - Explain how cause and effect relationships affect the plot
We will continue working with different versions of fairy tales and look at how the different characters and different events change the story.
- Math - Graphing
MATH IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
- Struggling: 1st grade - M.1 - M.4
- On Grade Level: 2nd grade - R.2 - R.9
- Challenge: 2nd grade -
- Social Studies: Regions of the United States
Weekly Words: "oi" words - boil, noise, coins, oink, point, poison, join, soil, voice
* Individually Packaged Snacks
* Candy/treats for treat jar (no peanut products please)
Thank you for any donations!
- February 2 - Shomar's Spirit Night
- February 4 - National Wear Red Day
- February 5 - Panther Pride Day (Wear your best, luckiest Panthers gear!)
- February 5 - Daddy/Daughter Dance (see event details below)
- February 10 - Winter MAP Reading Test
- February 12 - Make up snow day
- February 15 - No School - President's Day & Nishie G's Spirit Night
- February 17 - Zaxby's Spirit Night
- February 24 - McAlister's Spirit Night
Box Tops are collected every Friday
Guidance this week:
National Wear RED Day, Feb. 4th, 2016
Let's unite to prevent heart disease and stroke...
Our mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, and coworkers are at risk. Heart disease and stroke cause 1 in 3 deaths among women each year - more than all cancers combined. Fortunately, we can change that because 80 percent of cardiac events can be prevented with education and lifestyle changes.
If you would like a shirt please return the form attached with a minimum of a $15 donation. Make checks payable to JRFH. Return to Ms. Roof by January 19th.
PTA News & Events:
Showmar's Tuesday, February 2nd
Box Top Collection:
Box top collection day is Friday! Do you have yours ready to turn in???
Fun Run Planning Meeting:
January 28th, at 6:00pm. Please note, meetings will be the same and you only need to attend one.
Stay in touch:
**Please find us on Facebook ( www.facebook.com/IHESPTA )
**Sign up for our text remind services by texting: @ihespta to 81010
** If you have any questions or would like to volunteer, please e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Relay for Life
Saturday, May 14th, 8am
4757 Mount Gallant Road
Rock Hill, SC
Relay for Life will be May 14, 2016, at Dutchman Creek Middle School.
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
Email - LCopeland@rhmail.org
Voicemail - (803) 985-4042