Mrs. Beale's First Grade Classroom
October 5th-October 9th
Pictures are posted so take a look at what we've been working on so far this year! Click on the link below.
Please try and read with your child for at least 15 minutes each night. That may include reading aloud to each other, retelling the story, or taking a picture walk (telling a story by looking at the pictures). Don't forget to utilize IStation. This is a wonderful program and these minutes will count towards your reading homework. If you're having trouble logging in, please let me know!
Reading- Non-fiction text features.
Writing: Capitalization, using descriptive words to describe apples
Word Work- sight words: out, about, many, would. Short vowel review and letters z, v, & j
Social Studies- Johnny Appleseed Week and Fire Prevention
Science- Different forms of energy (light, heat, sound) and how they are important to everyday life.
- Every Tuesday is ice cream for the first grade. For $1 your child can purchase ice cream to eat with their lunch.
- Wednesday is picture day! Be sure to wear your best smile :)
- PTA shirts are still available for purchase. We wear these every Friday for our "InSPURation" celebration. Please fill out the order form in the purple PTA packet that was sent home.
- Box Tops are collected every Friday. Send them with your child and I will make sure they make it to the right place. Please help support our PTA and Comanche Springs!
- Spirit sticks are being sold every Wednesday morning under the stairs. They are $1 each and can be added to the Spirit Stick key ring your child received at Meet the Teacher Night.
Important Dates to Remember!
October 20- Restaurant night @ Chik-Fil-A
October 26-30 Red Ribbon Week
- Monday: "Happy, Happy to Be Drug Free!" Wear boots and camo.
- Tuesday: "Team Up Against Drugs!" Wear a team jersey.
- Wednesday: "Lay off Drugs!" Wear tropical Leis (they will be provided).
- Thursday: "You Would Be Crazy to Do Drugs!" Wear crazy hats & socks.
- Friday: "Be RED-y to Be the Best Me!" Wear red.