Big Walnut Elementary
Staff Update 5.6.16
- Important Dates
- Winners of the Flower Sale
- This Week- General Update/Comments
- PTO Shout-Out
- Barnes and Noble offering
- Eagle's Extensions
- Clark's Corner - sent vis email
- Leaders of the Month
- Public Forum Calendar
- Tech. help
- May 6th - Money Prize and Silly String War for Flower Sale Winners
- May 6th - Brag Tags
- May 6th - Spirit Winner Announced by Miss Maddie - Mrs. Tuel's Room is on a run! Can any other homeroom beat them?
- May 10th - Move Up Day (2:30pm) Grades K-3
- May 13th - 4th Grade Field Trip
- May 16th - Spring Fling - bring a towel - some water activities
- May 17th - Move Up Day for 4th Graders (9:45am)
- May 19th - BWE Board Presentation (Student of the Month, Building Showcase, CIP)
- May 23rd - Eagle Explorers (2:00pm)
- May 25th - 4th Grade Clap Out (3:20pm)
- May 26th - Students' Last Day/Family Picnic - More info to come! (11:30-12:30pm) Bring sack lunch
Winners of the Flower Sale were rewarded by turns in the money box and a silly string battle!
I hope you all felt the love this week courtesy of our fabulous PTO and parents! As we learn of changes for next year, please remember every decision is in the best interest of Big Walnut students. Thank you all for being so understanding and flexible. Each and everyone of you is a respected and valued member of 'Team Big Walnut'.
Data Team meetings and PLC are slotted for next week. Room assignments for next year are tentative. I will be around to chat regarding potential moves.
- Mental or paper notes regarding class placements
- Data entered
- Technology Inventory *time during PLC
- Training Tests (bloodborne pathogens, etc...) *time during PLC
- Submitted hours towards IPDC
Tried out coding? Here are some resources:
Looking for end-of-the-year literacy activities? (Including: Writing a letter to future students, museum walk with favorite books, and no prep activities!) http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=4856226300&blog=5237771
Thought about incorporating a listening station in your rotations?...Try this out: https://www.getepic.com/app/ Best part? It's free! Tons of books. Each student can have their own profile based on interest. It even has student reviews to help in book selection!
Enjoy the weekend!
BWE Staff was COMPLETELY spoiled by our fabulous parents, PTO and students!
1st Grade's "pin sale" is still going strong!
Students designed, built, marketed, sold, and even had a customer service shop! I want to add that 1st grade has excellent customer service!
Barnes and Noble's Free Book program...Check it out!
CLARK'S CORNER - Will send via email. Technical difficulties!
Leaders of the Month - Synergize