'' Life in the lower countries ''
2. Today about 500 descendants of the originl nanticoke indians reside in delaware. They celebrate their heritage each september.
3.The lady bug is Delaware's official state bug.
2. Manufacturing iron ore products such as plows , tools, kettle, lock, nails and large blocks of iron which they exported to England.
3. Delaware was often referred to as a breadbasket colony because it grew so many crops , especially wheat. The wheat was ground into flour in flour mills then shipped to England.
4.In 1639 the first African american on the Delaware , black Anthony , is brought from the Caribbean.
5. Delaware was the 1st of the original 13 colonies to become a state on : December 7, 1787 and the first colonial state. For additional facts and info refer to the change from colonies to state
6. In 1655 the dutch defeat the swedes on the Delaware, ending the new Sweden colony. Delaware becomes part of New Netherlands
7. Delaware is the only state without any National park system units such as national parks , seashores, historic sites, , battlefields , memorials and monuments.
8. They have good farmland , timber , furs, and coal.Iron ore was a particularly important natural resources.
9. Thomas Garrett battled against slavery. He was sued by a Maryland slave owner and fined for aiding a black family in flight. Garrett helped more than 2,000 fugitive slaves move through Delaware.
10.In total area Delaware ranks 49th in the nation. It contains 1,982 square miles. It is 96 miles long and varied from 9 to 35 miles in width.