This Week in Geometry
February 15 - February 19
Please Read - Laptops
As this is the last week of the marking period, it is important that your student comes to tutoring if they are missing assignments or if they are not understanding something.
Early Dismissal/Student Holiday
On Monday, February 22nd, there is an inclement weather day scheduled. As this winter has not produced any bad weather, it will be a student holiday.
STAAR and STAAR Review
As you know, Geometry students in 8th grade are still required to take and pass the 8th grade STAAR. I am not worried about any of my Geometry students and their ability to pass the test. But, there are some topics that are covered in 8th grade math that were not covered in Algebra last year and that are not covered in Geometry this year. I have sent and will continue to send home STAAR review packets each week in an attempt to make sure that students know these concepts.
As always, if a student needs any help at all, they are more than welcome to come during tutoring to ask questions. Also, they may ask questions before/after class over these packets. Finally, there is an online sticky note board posted in blackboard where they can post questions over the STAAR reviews.
STAAR Dates (for your reference):
Tuesday, March 29: 8th grade Math (and 7th grade Writing)
Wednesday, March 30: 8th grade Reading
Monday, May 9: 7th grade Math
Tuesday, May 10: 7th grade Reading
Wednesday, May 11: 8th grade Science
Thursday, May 12: 8th grade Social Studies
Copies of Assignments
1. I post copies of all daily work and notes pages on blackboard. Students should be able to access them anywhere they have Internet connection. Also on blackboard is a calendar where I post daily entries with detailed descriptions of what was done in class that day. I also post pictures of my notebook on blackboard so that students can see any notes they have missed.
2. I attach copies of anything that is a daily grade in skyward as well. Students (and parents) can access these files.
3. Students can ask me for any work they missed as well, but this method is not the quickest way to get work, as it usually has to wait until there is a chance during class for me to pull that work.
Students are responsible for keeping up with their notebooks and making sure they get any missed notes if they are absent. They are also responsible for getting their missing work.
Tests will NOT be posted online, so if a students misses or needs to retake/correct a test or quiz, they will need to come to tutorials.
This Week In Geometry
- We will be taking our test over Unit 7 today (Monday)
- We will be starting Unit 8 - Measurement of two-dimensional figures (Area/Perimeter)
- Early Dismissal - Friday, February 19
- No School - Monday, February 22
- Tentative Next Test Date - Friday, March 4 (unless something changes....)