Moana Jr. Day 5!
YOUTH CAST - 7/16
You can change the language of this email by scrolling to the bottom and using google translate.
Hello Moana Jr Broadway Bound Families,
The campers closed out Week 1 strong by getting close to the end of the script and learning more dances. They worked especially hard on their "We Know The Way" choreography.
The staff also led them in some acting exercises and fun games once they finished all their work for the day.
Mrs. Jill has attached the PowerPoint the students have been using to learn below so they can review from home. Please help them practice in their free time.
Our staff also wants to remind all parents not to park and get out of their cars or have students walk to them while parked during drop off. That is a big safety issue and we want to be as cautious as possible with our campers.
It was an awesome first week of Broadway Bound 2021 and we can't wait to come back next week!
Camp Dates and Times:
Monday, July 19th - Friday, July 23rd from 9 am - 12 pm
Monday, July 19th - Friday, July 23rd from 1 pm - 4 pm
Morning Cast: Saturday July 24 11 AM
Afternoon Cast: Saturday July 24 1 PM
MONDAY IS TWIN DAY! Coordinate your outfit with your friends!
1. PICKUP TIME - Pickup starts promptly at 3:45. We ask that parents arrive as close to that time as possible so students aren't left to sit with our staff past camp's close
2. DROPOFF - When dropping off your students for the day, please pull all the way up. We ask that you don't park and get out of your cars to bring your students in the building, or allow your student to walk across the parking lot to arrive every day. It can be a safety issue and we don't have staff designated to watch traffic and crossing lanes for students.
3. SUPPLIES - Please make sure students pack pencils and highlighters in their clear bins every day. This is important for them to take notes to help remember all they learn for the show throughout the day.
4. MASKS - Students are still required, per LCPS policy, to wear masks while inside LCPS school facilities. Please don't forget to pack your campers a mask, and extras, when they arrive for camp every day.
5. JAZZ SHOES - The students need to have their jazz shoes at the very latest by this coming Monday 7/19. If you haven't already ordered them, please do so soon.
Please make sure that your child has Jazz Shoes ready to go! While we will be providing a costume for every student, we do not provide shoes. Please visit Amazon and type in "JAZZ SHOE." They can be either tan or black. HERE IS A LINK TO SOME JAZZ SHOES ONLINE
How to prepare for Camp!
- Your Clear Bin with the following supplies below
- A Reusable Water Bottle that is unique and clearly marked with your child's name.
- Movement Clothes! You will be dancing a lot throughout the day.
- Jazz Shoes or Tennis Shoes for movement.
- Packed Snacks that will not go bad.
- A Mask
- Sun Screen - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
- A Hat/Sunglasses - in the event we can spend time outdoors.
Director of Health and Safety - Medication
She will be available throughout camp to help with all of your child's physical and emotional needs.
Pick-Up and Drop Off - NEW PROCEDURES
PICK-UP: 3:45 - 4:15 - Pick Up will occur in front of the Main Lobby. Students will be individually released to the cars to prevent students from crossing in front of traffic.
Early Pick-up/Late Drop-Off
Please do not call us; email is the MOST effective way to get in touch with us.
How do I purchase tickets?
Additionally, instructions on how to purchase will be in this email.
Tickets will go on sale to you on Monday, July 12th, and to the public on July 13th.
If you have questions about purchasing tickets or accessing your ticket codes, please email Ian Underhill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will allow up to 600 audience members per performance so that tickets will be open to the general public, and there will be no limit on how many tickets you can purchase.
Email Communication Always Preferred
WHAT TO BRING
We request that all students bring their materials in a clear bin. No book bags. This allows us to help students quickly and efficiently find materials. Additionally, the clear bin is a great way for students to store things in a tidy way. Would you please not bring book bags to the program? We strongly recommend a large enough bin to fit a folder, a lunch box, shoes, make-up, and misc. Items.
Here is the Link we are recommending from Amazon.
Please steer clear of anything with nuts, as we have a few students with severe nut allergies.