About Race Relations
- Half of the Africans were out of work.
- Racial violence was more common.
- President Roosevelt Entertained the Africans who visited the white house.
- World war 2 was happening.
- There wasn't a lot of jobs for blacks.
President Franklin Roosevelt
Roosevelt entertained African-American visitors at the White House and was known to have a number of black advisors. President Roosevelt issued Executive Order 8802, stating that all persons, regardless of race, creed, color, or national origin, would be allowed to participate fully in the defense of the United States. He guided America through its greatest domestic crisis. Franklin was nick named FDR.
back in the days
- 1932, approximately half of black Americans were out of work
- WW2 started in 1939
- It ended in 1945