September 15 - 30
PLC's Things to think about...
- Everyone has an impact on all students ! (even if they are not in your class)
- Please follow the norms of the group. (Do not work ahead or work on other things)
- Homework completion vs. Skill Gaps
- Homework completion is a behavior that needs to be addressed in the classroom through communication with students and parents. Gaps in skills or deficiencies of skills needs to be identified, retaught, and documented.
- PLC"S SHOULD FOCUS MAINLY ON GAPS IN SKILLS NOT HOMEWORK COMPLETION
BEFORE YOU COME TO PLC'SIDENTIFY STUDENT BEHAVIOR/GAPS/SKILL DEFICIENCIES
TALK TO THE STUDENT, DETERMINE A PATTERN, THEME, OR REASON.
WHAT TYPE OF TASK OR SKILL IS THE STUDENT STRUGGLING IN ?
TRY A DIFFERENT TEACHING STRATEGY OR ASSIGNMENT FOR THE STUDENT TO COMPLETE.
WHAT GAPS CAN YOU IDENTIFY? WHAT DO THEY NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
TRY AN INTERVENTION.
THEN..... REPORT YOUR EFFORTS TO PLC'S
BRAINSTORM WITH YOUR TEAM FOR OTHER IDEAS TO TRY NEXT.
Before the Bell
Please don't start class before the bell. Students might need that time to organize, get materials, or gather their thoughts before the day begins.
Morning AnnouncementsPlease make sure students are listening during morning announcements to hear important information about the day or week. Students should not be talking or working on other items during morning announcements.