Saving Money on Food
How to save money on food
- Plan your meals with a grocery list
- Pick grocery stores with the best prices
- Shop at farmer's market for fresher and cheaper food
- Check store flyers for sale items
- When available, buy bulk
- Use coupons only when they will help you. Don't buy food because it is on sale.
- Make sure all purchases are rung up correctly.
- Use leftover meats for sandwiches
- Put food away quickly when you get home.
- Cook the whole food at one time and save the leftovers.
- Grow your own fruits and vegetables.
- Plan to use your leftovers.