Tuesday, 12 January 2010
Hello, I'm the Haiti Earthquake!
My Short Life as an Earthquake
With Great Power, Comes a 7.0 Earthquake.
Before I Came to Haiti...
Well, Haiti has it's toll on a lot of things. But listing them off? That would take WAY to long. So I'll just list off all of the disaters from the last 5 years from when I hit Haiti.
- I Hit Haiti with a magnatude of 7.0 along with a dozen aftershocks raitng 5.0 to 5.2 on the richter scale.
-20 October: heavy rain in the Haitian Capitall and its suburbs. Carrefour, in the southern suburbs, was completely flooded.
- 16 August: Tropical Storm Fay crossed the entire country.
- 26 August: Hurricane Gustav crosses the south peninsula, including the Sud and Grand'Anse départements, causing approximately 77 deaths and 8 disappearances, together with serious destruction of property. 15,000 families were affected by the storm, which destroyed 3,000 houses and damaged 11,458.
- 17 March: floods caused by rain and storms hit a large part of Haiti for over a week.
- 8–9 May: torrential rain, causing considerable damage in several regions of the country, in particular in the Nord, Nord-Est and Sud départements. The town of Ouanaminthe was particularly hard hit and the bridge between Ouanaminthe and Dajabon which links Haiti to the Dominican Republic was severely damaged.
-22 and 23 November: heavy rain caused flooding in Grand'Anse Department and the Nippes and Nord-Ouest départements, causing damage to roadways including the collapse of a bridge across Ravine Sable at Trou-Bonbon.
That sure is a lot for 5 Years!