The Bobby's Run School Bulletin
Friday, April 16, 2021
A few reminders to help with a smooth arrival:
- Please make sure that you are completing the health screening questions by 7:30 AM for your student. Promptness in completing these questions will greatly help with arrival. You can answer the questions either using the app or web based form. The link to access the web based form is here.
- All cars need to pull all the way up to maximize the drop off and pick up area. Students need to exit the car after being screened.
- Families are encouraged to use the AUXS application. Please hold up the green pass on your phone to speed up the check in process.
- Please have your student seated on the passenger side with their book bag and mask on.
At last night's Board of Education meeting the following was recommended:
Recommend that the Board resolve, if the New Jersey Department of Health Weekly Activity Report goes to yellow, to:
- Update reopening plan to include 5 four-hour days per week, effective May 3, 2021 or as soon thereafter as the Superintendent deems possible.
April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. As parents and caregivers, this is not always an easy topic to discuss but it is important to talk to your kids and to keep them safe. Protecting our children starts with a conversation. Establish safety rules and let your children know that you are here to help and to answer any questions they may have.
The following webpage provides parents with the tools needed to start the conversation:
How to Talk with Kids About Personal Safety and Sexual Abuse.
GT4 has won first place in their division for the New Jersey State Bar Foundation's Law Fair competition. Students created an original mock trial titled, "Hot Stuff or Not?" and will present their case to the Bar Foundation remotely on May 20th. Winning entries will also be published on the New Jersey State Bar Foundations website www.njsbf.org . Way to go GT4...Outstanding job!
Nominations for third and fourth grade students interested in being considered for the BRS Gifted and Talented program for the 2021-2022 school year are now being accepted up until April 30th. Nomination forms will be sent via email next week and are also posted on the BRS page of the district website. This form is only necessary for new nominees; students who are presently participating in the GT3 and GT4 program do not need to apply. Please return forms to Mrs. Carver no later than Friday, April 30th for consideration.
Updated Physicals and Immunizations
Covid-19 Reminders and Updates
- Please keep your child home if they are sick, and notify Mrs. Barbieri as to why they are absent. She can be reached at email@example.com
- Make sure Genesis is updated if there were any changes to contact information.
- Please notify if you have traveled out of state. The following states do not require a quranatine after travel: PA, DE, NY, CT. If you traveled to another state, you will need to quarantine for 10 days.
- Please notify if your child or anyone in your household has tested positive for Covid-19.
- If your student has symptoms of Covid-19, they will need a negative test or quarantine for 14 days before returning to school. An alternative diagnosis is no longer allowed.
- At this time, close contacts will need to quarantine for 14 days if exposed to a Covid-19 positive person.
- If your child or anyone in your home is being tested, keep your child home until the results are back.
- Fever or chills
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Nausea or vomiting
- Muscle or body aches
- Poor appetite or poor feeding, especially in babies under one year old