By: Anthony, Cameron, Shivum
- Themes of sexuality, technology, and social progress were most prominent.
- Art deco was the dominant style of art.
-Artists were often inspired by nature.
-Surrealism was a cultural movement that influenced art.
- C. Coles Phillips was a popular artist who's works were sought after.
- Art Deco used materials such as aluminum, stainless steel lacquer, inlaid wood, sharkskin, and zebra skin.
- The Harlem Renaissance flourished with its focus on African culture.
- Art mainly tested the status quo.
- The Great Gatsby dealt with issues of decadence and excess.
- Jazz music became enormously popular.
Source: Boundless." Art Deco, Expressionism, and surrealism," Boundless U.S. History, 21 Jul. 2015. retrieved 08 Jan. 2016
Sullivan, Nate. "American Art, Pop Culture & Literature of the 1920s." Study.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Jan. 2016