2018 MRESC Regional Teacher Academy
Academy Description & Overview
The MRESC will be offering a three (3) day teacher academy for educators that are in the early part of their careers. The academy is appropriate for resident educators, veteran teachers returning to the profession, or any other educator that is interested in high impact strategies that can support their professional growth.
Topics will include, but are not limited to:
- Day #1 - Classroom Management & Self-Reflection Practices
- Day #2 - Dealing with Difficult Classroom Behaviors, Fostering Active Student Participation & Maximizing Parent Engagement
- Day #3 - Formative and Summative Assessment Principles & Differentiation Strategies that Work
Additional Support from Academy Faculty
Email support will be provided on-demand as participants reach out to ESC directors and/or other faculty members based on their area of expertise. The ESC will also organize video chat sessions for teachers to connect with each other (and directors) to discuss, share, and obtain support for a given topic. We will utilize either Zoom or Google Hangout for these sessions.
Dates, Times & Location:
- Day #1 - October 11, 2018 (8:30 am - 3:30 pm) @ Indian Lake Middle School
- Day #2 - January 24, 2019 (8:30 am - 3:30 pm) @ Indian Lake Middle School
- Day #3 - May 9, 2019 (8:30 am - 3:30 pm) @ Indian Lake Middle School
Registration includes three (3) full-day workshops (face-to-face training and support sessions) and online video chat support sessions through Zoom or Google Hangout. Additional supplemental support and coaching through the use of the SIBME may be available. (See below for details)
- $230.00 for Shelby, Logan, Hardin, Madison and Champaign County Public Schools/Districts, Career Centers, and Boards of DD.
- $305.00 for school districts outside of the above counties or other agencies/non-profits.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS SEPTEMBER 25th
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DAY #1 - REMINDERS
Thursday, Oct. 11th, 8:30am
8920 County Road 91
What time should I arrive at the training site? Please arrive 15 minutes early to complete the check-in process.
Food & Beverage: Bottled water and assorted breakfast bars will be available at the beginning of each session. While coffee or other food will not be served, participants are free to bring snack items for themselves or to share with the group. Lunch will be on your own. Please plan accordingly…..
What You Should Bring? Participants should bring note taking materials and writing utensils with them to the session.
Our Cancellation Policy - Cancellations must be received 11 days prior to Day #1 of the academy. Cancellations receive outside of this policy will not be accepted. Attendees and/or employing districts will be billed accordingly.
Midwest Regional Educational Service Center
Our Vision: To Be Your First Choice in Educational Services
Our Mission is to partner with school districts to improve outcomes for students and families with innovative, specialized services and programs at reasonable costs.