Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
Week of: March 23-27, 2015
- Student-Led Conferences are this week, the evening of March 25th and all day/evening, on March 26th. Our students are excited to show off their work. In consideration for all involved, please be prompt for your conference. By being on time it insures that you and your child get your full 20 minutes, without needing to reschedule. Thanks in advance!
We have a SPECIAL "The One and Only Ivan" display that we created with our buddies, and we're looking forward to sharing it with you during conferences. The display is interactive, and uses the Aurasma app. (This is the same free app we used in September.) Using the app, our photos will trigger videos of the students talking about their favorite parts and characters. If you don't already have this app, please download it and "follow" Trombly205. Thank you!
"March is Reading Month" continues with our reading of "The One and Only Ivan". Thank you soo much to all the families for supporting this wonderful project! The kids have been so engaged with the story, and having done their assigned reading is a huge part of that! We've been busy doing a design challenge, watching videos, taking quizzes, and creating Ivan projects with our buddies! If you take a photo of your family reading Ivan together, please email it to Mrs. Goodwin for our display @: email@example.com
This week's reading assignments:
Wednesday & Thursday: 270-300
Report cards were sent home on Friday. Please remember that the report card is yours to keep, but we ask that you sign the envelope and return it to school.
- Bloggers: One post and 3 comments are due by Tues., March 31st.
- 15&5ers: journals are due after break.
- There is no spelling test this week.
- Just a reminder that there is NO school on Thursday, March 26th due to student-led conferences.
- Looking ahead, our new state testing, M-STEP, begins next month. It requires that our students be tested on 2 classroom activities. It is mandatory that these classroom activities take place on April 24th, and May 6th. As you are making dr./dentist appointments, and travel plans, please plan to have your child at school on both of these days. Thank you!