Week of March 21
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgment, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
- Monday, March 21 - 2nd Grade TELPAS and Mini PLC's
- Tuesday, March 22 - Team Meetings; Margaret Dyer coming during team mtgs
- Thursday, March 24 - Report cards go home and vertical team meetings
- Friday, March 25 - Holiday, No School
- Monday, March 28 - Data Dig
- Tuesday, March 29 - 4th Grade Writing and 5th Grade Math STAAR
- Wednesday, March 30 - 5th Grade Reading STAAR
- Thursday, March 31 - STAAR make ups and Staff Meeting
Summer Elementary Academy...we need you!
This is your opportunity to share your successes with your colleagues. This summer, July 26-28, our Summer Elementary Academy will provide the place for you to do this. We are accepting proposals for sessions through April 1st. Please visit the website to complete your proposal submission. www.tinyurl.com/pisd-sea. If accepted, you will receive a stipend for presenting. All teachers attending will have the option of banking 8 PD hours to use against the April 17 or June 5 professional development dates next school year. We look forward to helping you re-energize your passion for learning this July!!
Spotlight on Awesomeness
- A big thank you to Samantha Fisk for voluntarily covering 5th Grade lunch duty so that we could eat after a meeting went long. We appreciate you so much!-- Lori Pendegrass
- Thank you to Michelle Roche for always going above and beyond to help our kids. They are all so lucky to have you and we are VERY lucky to have you in 5th Grade! --Lori Pendegrass
- Thank you to all the teachers that made a huge effort into make our Fun Family Night a huge success. Thank you to the Specials team (wow), very impressive. Thank you to Renee for arranging Home Depot. Thank you to all the teachers that stayed and lengthened their day. It was a great evening with many smiles on parents and students faces.
Reminders and Information
- Please make sure to turn in your attendance between 8:50-9:10. We are doing better but at the same time, we are still struggling.
- Remember, no whole group punishment.
- Guided reading is one of the most important pieces of your educational delivery during the instructional day. It is expected that guided reading will take place each day. If it won't be able to take place for a particular day, please come talk to me or email me (Zack).
- Margaret Dyer will be coming to speak to the grade levels tomorrow to discuss comprehension tool kit and how we are utilizing it.
- Summer school PAL being sent out today. PEP brochures will be sent out on Thursday.
- If you have pictures from this year, please upload them to this link. Mrs. Laura Roach has taken on the task for pictures and needs all the help she can get. Let's get to uploading.
Articles Worth Reading
10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation - Video - Worth Your Time
- How and Why Intrinsic Motivation Works
- Practical Ways to Develop Students’ Mathematical Reasoning
- Recognizing and Overcoming False Growth Mindset
- http://blogs.edweek.org Lessons from Abroad on Professional Learning
- 16 Inspirational Quotes From Children's Literature | Edutopia