Stilwell Monday Message
Student and Family Communication
March 7, 2022
Today is a BLACK Day!
As of right now, we have a 2-hour delay. Please check out the schedule below. Please continue to monitor your phone, email, or the news for any updates.
Friday starts Spring Break. Students, please make sure you have turned in all evidence of learning before you leave for break.
Important Upcoming Dates
- PTO - 3/8/2022 virtual meeting at 12:30 PM - CLICK HERE TO JOIN
- 3/21 - School resumes
- 3/31 - K-12 WDMCS student artist showcase 5-7 pm at the LRC
- 3/31 - 8th Grade Girls Track meet at Tiger Field
- 4/5 - 8th Grade Boys Track meet at Tiger Field
- 5/3 - 8th Grade Girls Track meet at Tiger Field
Erica Whittle - Principal
2-Hour Delay Schedule
Learning Update - 8th Grade Science
We looked at natural causes of changes in climate such as volcanic activity, and ocean currents as well as man-made influences including data from NASA that shows how the Carbon Dioxide levels in the atmosphere have changed over the past 100 years. Students were given the opportunity to gather evidence and construct an argument on whether or not political action should be taken to mitigate observed changes in climate.
Learning Standards HS-ESS2-4, HS-ESS2-2, and HS-ETS1-1
- I can describe how natural variations in the flow of energy into and out of Earth’s systems result in changes in climate.
- I can use data to support the claim that changes in one of Earth’s Systems cause changes in another system.
- I can create a feedback loop to support a claim that a change to one of Earth’s systems causes a change to other systems.
- I can analyze changes in Earth’s climate as a major global challenge, then identify data-backed solutions that account for societal needs and wants.
Politician's Responses to 8th Grade Letters
Student Council Message
21-22 Yearbook Orders
Please visit pay school fees (go to Items at Students school) in order to order and pay for a 21-22 Stilwell Yearbook.
This week students from Valley will be joining us during our meeting today, February 7th.
What: Meet to socialize, discuss, advocate, and learn
When: Every other Monday; 2:45-3:30 - January 10th
Where: Room 2012
Why: Make some new friends, meet new people, learn something new, advocate for the LGBTQIA+ community.
COVID Recovery Iowa
Greetings from COVID Recovery Iowa.
We are all very aware of the impact the pandemic has had on everyone…but today we want to focus on teens. We know the pandemic has caused elevations in their levels of anxiety, depression, and stress. We believe we can help with this. COVID Recovery Iowa is hosting an 8-week Teen Support Group series that started on Monday, January 10th. The meetings will be held from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. each Monday. These meetings are free and completely confidential. This service is available to all teens across the state of Iowa. It is not too late to join!
Stilwell Winter Warmth Donations - a message from Student Council
All donations will go to local homeless shelters and non-profits.
Please feel free to add these items to our donation bin located in the Stilwell front parking lot.
Drop Off & Pick-Up Protocol
We understand our parking lot drop-off and pick-up process can be time-consuming. However, we need all families to follow the procedures to ensure our students are safe. Please remember these guidelines:
- Do not use the back parking lot and blacktop in the back of the building.
- Do not use the local business as a place to pick up your child.
- Do not drop off your student or stop for any reason along Vine Street or Grand Avenue.
- Do not pull into the bus lanes along Vine Street.
- Do not allow your student to exit the vehicle until you have pulled up to the curb in the parking lot.
- Please drive slowly through the parking lot.