Las Positas Updates
10/22/21 Volume 1 (12)
Happy Friday, Las Positas Lions~
We just finished 10 weeks of school! Yay~
Our students did well and even though there are challenges, it gives me great comfort as I witness the rate of growth in our students.
Thankfully, our children are naturally adept to change and faster at learning than we are! Watch this video to find out how our children can learn much quicker (greater neuroplasticity) than adults: The Backwards Brain Bicycle.
Since our IB Learner profile this month is all about being an inquirer, challenge your children (and yourself) to do new things, do things differently, and take it a level higher by learning why and without bias~
Send me a snapshot of your exciting endeavor and I'll share them with our community.
To not lose items, please label every student belongings (Student Name, teacher, room) brought to school.
Sign up for AmazonSmile
Red Ribbon Week: "Drug Free Looks Like Me" 10/25 ~ 10/29
In addition, on Wed 10/27, students may respond to the theme, "DRUG FREE LOOKS LIKE ME" by writing a message or creating a drawing on the butcher paper in front of the school. (Very similar to Dot Day since it was a big success.)
Do You Need Help with Data Verification?
Please reach out to our Community Liaison, Blanca Morales-Marinez, if you need help or come in during our Technical support hours on Tuesdays & Thursdays 3 - 4PM in the library.
firstname.lastname@example.org (se habla espanol).
- 10/25-29- Red Ribbon Week
- 10/27- Coffee w/the Principal @ 8:30 on zoom: click here to join.
- 10/29- Trunk or Treat (PTA sponsored)
- 11/1- No School (Teacher's Professional Development Day)
- 11/4- School Site Council @ 8:30 on zoom
- 11/5- Minimum Day (end of Trimester 1)
- 11/10- Panda/Yogurtland Fundraiser (Flyer)
- 11/11- No School (Veteran's Day)
- 11/19- report cards due to me
- 11/22 ~ 11/26 - No School (Thanksgiving)