The Sherlocks's Tot Spot Times
The Tot Spot Early Education Academy
Ms. Alisha's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Katie's Email: email@example.com
Ms. Le Andra's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Kelsey's Email: Kelsey@ilovethetotspot.com
Follow us on Instagram: thetotspotschool
We also now have a Youtube Channel: The Tot Spot Early Learning Academy and Pinterest: The Tot Spot Early Education Academy...be sure and follow us!!
Special Events and Birthdays!!
September 4th- Quinn D.
September 5th- Ms. Rachel
September 5th- Ms Kelsey
September 16th- Blake
September 16th - Ryan
September 22nd- Cooper
September 22nd -Johnathan
September 25th- Ian
September 26th- Nolan
· CLOSED LABOR DAY
. September 3rd- Preschool Back to School Night 6pm-7pm
. Oct. 1st Visit from the Dentist
· Oct. 18th Tuttles Preschool Fieldtrip
Upcoming Zoo-phonics Friends
PTO and Vacations
- Did you know we have a PTO? Interested in helping out? Please see Ms. LeAndra or Ms. Alisha.
- Who do you contact concerning vacation credit? Asking a teacher will get you no where. Please email Mr. Mike at email@example.com
Back to School Night!
What: Come find out more about what your kiddo does every day in preschool. What is Zoophonics? HWOT? Why aren't the friends of the week in alphabetical order? What's up with homework? What are they learning every day? Come in a ask all the questions about our program and explore your kiddos classroom.
When: 6-7pm. Tuesday September 3, 2019
In the Classroom!
You are welcome to replace swim wear with warmer clothes for the fall. Water cups will be coming home toward the end of the month, and be sure to send a jacket daily or have a spare in your kiddos cubby. It's Indiana weather so I'm sure it will be 85 degrees one day and 65 the next.
The new and combined Sherlocks have settled into their new classroom and are excited to have started their preK school year! Thank you for all your support with your children's homework over the past month! We are excited to be preparing our class for kindergarten and think that this extra step at home will be a great help to them!
In the classroom this next month, we are super excited to have our Show and Share back finally! In art, we will be doing Fish scale art, fern painting, flower prints, eggplant prints, hand print art, and even making egg people! In Science we will be doing a flour experiment, an egg balancing experiment, talking about what floats, and learning about horses!. Taste Tuesday will be exciting as always with fritters, empanadas, honey comb cereal, and horseradish.
Remind Me App: It's a free app that we're using to for simple reminders like show and share, friend of the week, physical due dates, etc. Our class code is 26kh9g
School is back and so is Scholastic!! Get ready for your book orders! Thank you for all your support! Our code is HQ686
The Book Nook
Who's Afraid of the Dark?
The Parent's Spotlight
Thank you for turning in your physicals on time. It's very much appreciated!
Thank you for your patience with our room/kiddo/teacher changes that came with the new school year. It's going to be an awesome year!
Thank you for any donations that you have given towards the Tot Spot! We appreciate all you do!
Remember there is a suggestion box in the lobby, and we love to hear about ideas to enhance the learning environment for your children.
Would you like to donate?
- Is there ever a time when you say to yourself, " I wonder if The Tot Spot would want this"? We could use it in so many ways. You may have babies, but the whole school is yours. Everything can turn into a sensory activity or learning experience. So, before you throw out your junk, ask your teacher if it could be used
The Teacher's Spotlight
What is your favorite quote?
- Ms. Crystal: Love is an action
- Ms. Rachel: Everyone shines given the right lighting
- Ms. Mikayla: Everything happens for a reason- Partly because my mom used to hate it when we said that when we were younger but also as a reminder that every small action has a consequence
- Ms. Kit: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest
- Ms. Kay:Live each day as it is your last day, but believe there is another to come
- Ms. Katie: All you need is love
- Ms. Maggie: Let me win but if I cannot win let me be brave in the attempt
- Ms. Kasche: What comes easy won't last long and what last's long won't come easy
- Ms. Ayasha: Make it rare and the masses will pay- Nipsey Hussle
- Ms. Kelsey: If I have faith that I can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing - 1Cor 13:2
- Ms. Le Andra: Live Laugh Love
- Ms. Alisha: I feel like this should be all deep. It's not. When I was 4 and visiting my new Kindergarten classroom I became upset that I didn't have a seat with my name on it/was in the wrong class ( It was misspelled Aliha). Ms. McDonald just said, "don't sweat the small stuff and everything is small stuff!"
- Mr. Mike: No person have the right to rain on your dreams- MLK