Welcome to Kindergarten!!!
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and welcome you to Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton School. I am Jill Hogan and I will be teaching your little ones for kindergarten! I have been involved with Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton since having my children attend school here and also being the PE teacher for 3 years. I have been an active member of the church since moving to Anchorage in 2009. I received my bachelor's degree in Elementary Education in 1998 and am certified to teach in Illinois, Georgia and Alaska. I am married to my wonderful husband, Rick, and together we have 3 children (Kyah, Zander and Chloe.) It is a pleasure to have your child in my class, and I am so excited to meet all of you.
I will be on summer vacation until the end of July so you can expect more communication around that time. I feel that having an open line of communication between parents, student, and teachers is the key to promoting an educational climate that is conducive to learning. If you ever need anything, I am always a call, e-mail or text away!
Below are a few reminders for the upcoming school year...
- First Tuition Payment is due by June 10th.
- Please make sure your children's shot records are on file with Mrs. Dennehy before school begins.
- *TB Test* - this is no longer required as long as you fill out the attached form below and give it to Mrs. Dennehy before the beginning of the school year. This is a TB Risk Assessment and as long as your child is not at risk, you should be okay to not get the test.
- Kindergarten Parent Night - We will have a meet and greet for the parents only about 1 week before school begins. I will go over the classroom procedures, curriculum, room parent info, etc... This is a meeting for parents only to ask any questions you may have before school starts and to get an idea of our daily school activities.
- Share Hours - I know a lot of you are excited to start helping out in the classroom. Once I am back from vacation I will have many things I will need help with. Some of these things are helping with organizing items for the classroom, helping put math packets together, religion packets, putting star student and birthday bags together, cleaning the popcorn machine, etc... I will also need a kindergarten room parent or parents (there can be more than 1!) There are always PLENTY of opportunities to earn share hours at Saint Elizabeth! There is a form below if you would like to let me know you are interested in helping.
We are going to have a great time together. I can't wait to sing songs, read stories, make projects and teach so many wonderful new things to your children. Once I get back from vacation I will be busy getting the classroom set up with exciting things to do and see. It's going to be a very exciting kindergarten year!
:) Mrs. Hogan