4th Grade ELA
Learning Target Guiding Questions
I can explain the message of a story to understand theme.
- How do we define theme?
- What is a difference between theme and topic? Theme and main idea?
- Why is it important to determine the central message or lesson in a fable?
- How do we determine the central message or lesson in a picture?
- What lesson does the character learn?
- What message does the selection send?
- Based on what I read, what inference can I make to determine the theme of ___? (passage, fable, novel, etc.)
My favorite song is _______ because ______.
Harry Chapin - Cats in the Cradle
My parents allow me to listen to any song I want. Agree/Disagree: Why or why not?
Mr. Peabody's Apples
Writing Stem on Theme
What did you learn from today's activity on theme and how will it help you to analyze future pieces of literature?