Dual Language Exploration
What is Dual Language Exploration?
Our new Dual Language Exploration program offers you and your 4 year old child a great opportunity to try out and get a head start on our popular and successful Dual Language Immersion programs.
The Mandarin Dual Language Exploration program experience is now offered at Tarwater Elementary School.
Why "Dual Language Exploration?"
The 2021-2022 school year introduced a new Dual Language Exploration program opportunity at two of our current Dual Language Immersion elementary sites.
Students now have the option to explore the language and culture of Mandarin Chinese at Tarwater Elementary, or Spanish at CTA Liberty (and soon at CTA Freedom -- starting the 2022-2023 school year) in addition to their core preschool subjects, which include literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, fine arts, physical education and more! Age-appropriate language resources will enhance the learning experience in this program of choice.
What do I need to know?
- Daily meal and snacks included
- Days and hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Students MUST be toilet trained
Our preschool programs are licensed by the Arizona Department of Health Services, 150 N. 18th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85007, 602-364-2539. Inspection reports are available at each preschool site.
- Without extended care: $689 per month
- With extended care: $878 per month
- Prices subject to change
- Classes taught by certified Early Childhood Education teachers
- Rigorous academic curriculum to support literacy, math skills, STEM and social, emotional learning
- Students will explore Mandarin language and culture
How do I get more information or help?
Visit or contact CUSD Community Education at:
How can I sign up?
Sign up now in two steps:
STEP 1: REGISTER ONLINE
- All registration is completed online at the link below.
- A $75 fee is due at time of registration.
- The first month’s tuition fee is billed on August 1.
- Click here to visit CUSD Community Education to set up your account and pay the registration fee to secure a space in the program of your choice for your child.
STEP 2: CALL SCHOOL TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TO BRING REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO THE SCHOOL
After completing the online registration process, please call the school at (480) 883-4300 to schedule an appointment to bring the required documents listed below to Tarwater Elementary at 2300 S. Gardner Drive, Chandler 85286.
- State Certified Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Residency
Both steps in the registration process must be completed before your child can attend his/her 1st day of school.