WSSD Virtual School
Important Enrollment Information for the 2021-22 School Year
- May 10, 2021 Board Focus Topic Presentation for an introduction to why we are providing this option and our partner organization, Edmentum.
- June 16, 2021 Information Session recording
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Handbook
- Additional Edmentum Information
From our main District website, you can use the Virtual School icon in "Find it Fast" section for easy access.
How Do I Enroll a Child in the WSSD Virtual School?
PART 1 - ENROLLMENT
- Log in to your Parent Portal account on any day during the enrollment window.
- Locate and select "Forms" from the left navigation pane.
- Scroll down the list and select [WSSD] - Virtual School Enrollment Form.
- Complete the Enrollment Form and submit the form.
After you submit the enrollment form, the WSSD Virtual School Site Coordinators will receive a notification and respond via email to the parent/guardian who completed the form. The email will confirm receipt and provide information about course registration. In the case of students with an IEP/GIEP/504, we will notify the office of Student Services and request a team meeting.
PART 2 - COURSE REGISTRATION
While the course registration process is straightforward for elementary students given it is a grade level assignment, secondary students will need to ensure courses meet the current progression and satisfy all District requirements described in the Strath Haven High School Silver Guide or Middle School Curriculum Guide. Therefore, the WSSD Virtual Site Coordinators will facilitate consultation with one of the District Counselors.