Sacred Heart Catholic School News
February 13, 2023
Thank you for supporting out Gala
A big thank you to Mr. Zach Fimon for his planning of his 1st gala! He did an exceptional job leading us the last few months to make sure everything fell into place. The night would not have been possible without Sarah Svien and Gwen Conzemius. They have supported our gala over the years and their expertise helped fine tune every aspect of the gala.
Thank you to the following:
- Teachers for helping support many of our silent auction items, plan our photo booth, and helping students make decorations.
- Sarah Bowback for her help with programs, registration packets, and so much more.
- Beth Hillenbrand for planning the dessert dash and the parent volunteers that helped pick up desserts.
- Kelly Cunningham for entering the silent auction baskets into our gala website.
- Dave Gooley and his crew for their bartending skills.
- Milton's for providing a delicious meal once again.
- Our parents for contributing to the class silent auction baskets, washing table cloths, setting up and taking down the gym, setting up the silent auction, and hanging decorations.
- The parish office staff for helping with many last minute details.
Our Sacred Heart Catholic School community is the best. We are all in this together!
Would you like to help wash tablecloths from the gala?
This is an easy way to earn volunteer hours.
Pickleball Parent Night Out is still accepting reservations
Did your family receive an Aim Higher Scholarship this year? YOU MUST RE-APPLY BY FEBRUARY 22ND.
1. Create an account or login to an existing one.
2. Begin filling in the application.
3. Near the end, add your child(ren)'s name when it asks if you'd like to be considered for the Aim Higher Foundation scholarship(s).
4. Submit the application.
February 22 Application closes
March 22 Scholarships awarded and parents notified
October Student's enrollment verified by school
Athletic fundraiser--Crystal VFW Steak Fry-March 8
The proceeds from this fundraiser help us purchase athletic uniforms.
Still looking for volunteers to help us make the night successful. If you wish to help, please let Lori Jandl know. Tickets may be purchased in advance. Send in your money to the school in an envelope marked Steak Fry-Lori Jandl. I will send your tickets home with your child!
Zach Fimon, our Director of Advancement, is in a play at St. Joseph Church.
Good luck Zach!
Happy Valentine's Day--Non-uniform. Wear red, white or pink.
5th grade science fair 10:00-11:30 a.m.
5:30 pm PTC Meeting
6:00 pm SAC meeting
100th Day of School-Kindergarten celebration
Grade 8 History Day 8:00-11:00 a.m. All Welcome.
No School-Staff Development Day
No School-Presidents' Day
February 20 No School-President's Day
February 22 Ash Wednesday-Mass at 8:00 a.m.
February 22 Aim Higher Tuition Scholarships due
March 3 End of Trimester 2
March 3 Living Stations 1:00 pm/7:00 pm
March 3 Fish Fry/Spaghetti Dinner
March 8 Steak Fry--Crystal VFW
March 9 Conferences
March 10 No School Students-Staff Development Day
March 10 Fish Fry/Spaghetti Dinner
March 17 Fish Fry/Spaghetti Dinner
March 24 Fish Fry/Spaghetti Dinner
March 27-March 31 Spring Break
Fish Fry Dinners-March 3, 10, 17, 24 SignUp to Volunteer
Volunteer opportunities will be posted this week on SignUp.
How can you help?
1. Thursday afternoon prep--3:00-4:30 pm
2. Friday dining room-serve dinner and beverages to our guests and bus tables. We need some volunteers to arrive at 4:15 or 4:30 pm an others at 4:45-5:00 pm.
3. Friday dessert table-help at our dessert table. Time: 4:30-7:00 pm
4. Friday Scullery--help wash dishes using our dishwasher. Time 5:15-7:30pm.
5. STUDENTS-Our middle school students may collect their volunteer hours at our fish fry dinners. Grade 3-5th graders may help bus tables with a parent. Students must signup to help.
Time: 4:30-7:00 pm.
8th Grade History Day
History Day is Thursday, February 16! Eighth graders have been hard at work researching their exhibits with the 2023 national theme "Pioneers in History." Exhibits will be on display in the gathering space from Wednesday, February 15 through Tuesday, February 21. Eighth graders will be presenting their projects between 8 and 11 AM on Thursday, February 16. We will have coffee and donuts for our eighth graders and guests. Please feel free to come!!
Extreme Faith Camp-Grades 6-8
Extreme Faith Camp 2023 is coming! Any and all 6th-8th graders are invited to join us this June 26th-30th for Extreme Faith Camp! EFC is our annual Catholic summer camp focused on having kids grow in their personal relationship with Christ. This year we'll be heading to Camp Victory just outside Rochester for awesome games, amazing talks, ropes courses, 9 square, archery tag, laser tag, river tubing, Wacky Olympics, Mass, Confession, Adoration, and so much more! It's the best week all summer!
Do you want to volunteer in the classroom? Parents must complete the Essential 3
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis requires the Essential 3 for volunteers who work with students in Catholic schools or parishes. All employees must also complete the Essential 3. ****Cell phones do not work well for Essential 3 and you will receive an error message. Please use a computer.
You may complete all three requirements online at www.virtusonline.org
1. Log in to create your account and watch the Virtus awareness session online. Every 3 years, a new video will be assigned to your account.
2. Successfully complete a background check.
3. Sign a Code of Conduct.
****The Archdiocese requires all volunteers to renew the Essential 3 requirements every 3 years. You will receive an email message when your account is up for renewal.
Box Tops---Help us earn extra cash
The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state of the art technology to scan your store receipt. Find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to our school's earnings. We earn 10 cents for each Box Top along with Bonus points. Simply scan your receipt on your phone and Sacred Heart earns money.
Find the Box Tops for Education app and search for Sacred Heart by our zip code---55422.
Sacred Heart Catholic School Mission Statement
Sacred Heart Catholic School is committed to instilling high moral standards rooted in Catholic teachings. We are dedicated to educating the whole child through an integrated C-STEM curriculum. In collaboration with our families, parish, and local community, we maximize individual potential to ensure students are prepared to meet the challenges in the world as disciples of Jesus.