Bertram Family Connection
January 6th, 2021
12/19-1/5: No School Christmas Break
Wednesday, 1/6: First Day of 4th Six Weeks
Thursday, 1/7: Report Cards for 3rd Six Weeks Available in Skyward Family Access
Monday, 1/18: Student Holiday
Friday, 2/12: End of the Fourth Six Weeks- all student work due at 3:30pm
Monday, 2/15: Student Holiday
UIL A+ Academics Sign Up
The competition will be held over a few days the week of February 22nd. In order to assist you with helping your child select the best events for their talents and your family's schedule. The event descriptions and practice schedule are below. For events meeting after school, students must be picked up on time. After 2 late pick-ups, the student will be dismissed from the event.
2nd Grade Choices
3rd Grade Choices
4th Grade Choices
5th Grade Choices
1st Grade Screening for Dyslexia
In January, all first grade students will be screened for dyslexia as required by state law. The purpose of the screening is to identify children who may be at risk for a reading disability, specifically dyslexia, so that appropriate research-supported accelerated instruction and interventions can be implemented. The screening will begin the week of January 11th at Bertram Elementary. Parents will be notified if their child's screener results are of concern and require further investigation.
Click here to log into Skyward Family Access to view your student's grades, attendance, progress reports, and report cards.
Daily In-Person Checklist
- Complete AT HOME self screening before getting on the bus or coming to school.
- Face coverings for all bus riders, and students in grades 1st-5th. Face coverings are strongly encouraged for PreK and Kinder. Remember wearing a face mask reduces your child's chance of having to quarantine for close contact.
- Bring your backpack including water bottle, snack, and lunchbox (if bringing lunch).
Visits to the school are by appointment. We will attempt to address situations by phone or Google Meet. In-person appointments can be scheduled if the situation requires. When visiting campus, please be prepared to show a valid photo ID.
If you do visit the school, face coverings are required for all adults at all times. This includes the office foyer area.
Due to COVID-19, we will not have any on campus volunteers at this time.
We are not accepting deliveries including forgotten lunches (hot meal will be provided by the cafeteria), birthday treats, and food orders.
If you need to make an occasional change to your child's transportation home, please use the Bertram Transportation Change email: email@example.com . Transportation changes must be emailed in no later than 1:30pm. Teachers will not be able to accept transportation changes.
Be familiar with the Arrival & Dismissal Map.
Complete an application for FREE or REDUCED priced lunch here. You can also add money to your child's lunch account by logging here.
Days marked in blue are Staff & Student Holiday OR Make-Up Day for Staff & Students. Students should be available to attend school. This applies to both in-person and remote learners.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:30am Office Opens by Appointment Only - Please call ahead
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:25pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes