Richard Nixon And Watergate
Richard Nixon was the 37th President was best known for being the first ever President to ever resign from office. Nixon resigned from office in the year 1974 during his second term. Nixon would have rather quit rather than being impeached over his efforts to cover up his efforts to cover up Illegal activities by members of his administration in the Watergate Scandal. Nixon was originally a former Republican Congressman and US senator of California, he served two terms as the Vice president under the presidency of Dwight Eisen Hower in the 1950s. In the 1960s Nixon lost in the bid between him and Democrat John F Kennedy.
Facts about Richard Nixon
- Richard Nixon was only 39 years old when he ran for Vice President in 1952
- Nixon was an lieutenant commander in the Navy during World War II
- Nixon survived two politically fails throughout his time in office.
- He was elected into the U.S Senate from California in 1950
- He established the Philadelphia plan/