January 3, 2021
From the Principal
On behalf of the Ranger Staff, I want to wish you a Happy New Year! As we resume school on Monday, January 4, It is important to provide clarity for our students and caregivers regarding the format of school.
For the purposes of understanding how second semester plans affect you and your student(s), be mindful of the following nomenclature:
- "IN-PERSON" refers to 5th grade students that were attending school daily at RP prior to Marion County's order for all students to attend virtually.
- "HYBRID" refers to students that were attending RP on alternating days (6th-8th grades) prior to Marion County's order for all students to attend virtually.
- "100% VIRTUAL" refers to students that were attending school virtually prior to Marion County's order for all students to attend virtually.
District Plan for Semester 2 Return: Due to our Marion County and local COVID-19 data, we will begin the second semester in the VIRTUAL model. All Warren students will return to their VIRTUAL classrooms on Monday, January 4th. K-5 students will remain VIRTUAL until Friday, January 15th with a return to IN-PERSON or 100% VIRTUAL on Tuesday, January 19th. Students in 6th-12th grades will remain 100% VIRTUAL through Friday, February 12th with a return to HYBRID IN-PERSON / VIRTUAL on Wednesday, February 17th. Tuesday, February 16th is a scheduled eLearning day for K-12 students.
There has been an adjustment made to the live instruction and application day schedule to begin the second semester:
- IN-PERSON 5th grade students will continue to have live, synchronous, virtual instruction on each day of the week (no change).
- HYBRID 6th-8th grade students and 7th and 8th grade 100% VIRTUAL students will now have live instruction on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays each week. Students should continue to follow their synchronous class schedule, and attendance on live instruction days will be taken by teachers based on Zoom conference participation. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be application days. Students will self-report attendance for classes on application days through Canvas. This schedule will take the place of the Black and Gold Schedule that was used during the second 9-week grading period; students will now get the benefit of live instruction 3 days each week.
This schedule adjustment will also allow 6-8 students to have better access to their teachers on application days. For the week of January 4th, students may contact teachers via Canvas page Zoom conference links on Tuesday and Thursday as follows:
- 6th grade Art, Music and PE teachers, 9am-12pm
- 6th grade ELA, Math, Science and Social Studies teachers, 1-4pm
- 7th and 8th grade Science, Social Studies, PE, and Related Arts teachers, 9am-12pm
- 7th and 8th grade ELA and Math teachers, 1-4pm
- 100% VIRTUAL students in 5th and 6th grade will continue to follow the Black and Gold schedule observed during the second 9 weeks with Fridays remaining as an academic enrichment day for all students.
School Choice Opportunities for Second Semester:
- Families with students in grades Kindergarten through 5th grade can now request their second semester learning model choice, IN-PERSON or 100% VIRTUAL. The request forms are linked on RP's website and will be available until Friday, January 8th at 3:00 PM. To create a consistent experience as possible for our students and families, this will be the last opportunity to request a change for the 2020-21 school year. We will not accept requests once the request window closes.
- Families with students in grades 6th-8th grade will be able to request their second semester learning model choice, HYBRID IN-PERSON / VIRTUAL or 100% VIRTUAL starting on Friday, January 15th until Friday, January 29th at 4 PM. The request forms will be linked on RP's website. Similar to K-5, this will be the last opportunity to request a change for the 2020-21 school year.
Term 3 Material Pick-Up. Since we are starting a new semester, students and families will need to pick up new materials for their classes. Materials can be retrieved in the RP office between 8:30am and 4pm daily. We ask that 1 representative per family that can pass the Covid-19 screening protocols visit the RP office to retrieve materials. RP is also planning an evening curbside pick-up for families on Tuesday, January 5, 4-7pm, at entrance #2. This will coincide with Tuesday's food pick-up opportunity (detailed below) on the same evening, 4-6pm.
MSD Warren Continues Food Distribution. Starting the week of January 4, food distributions will occur Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:00 - 6:00 PM at Moorhead Community Resource Center, Warren Central High School, Creston, Raymond Park, and Stonybrook Intermediate Middle Schools.
Term 2 Grades are available for review on ParentVue and StudentVue portals. In recognition of the difficult circumstances that students and schools are facing during the pandemic, "NG" (No Grade) marks have been entered for content classes in place of a failing grade. District philosophy and the impact of NG can be found In the December 13 edition of the Ranger News.
Welcome, 2021! While there will be ongoing disruption and recovery due to the pandemic, I am looking forward to the possibility of seeing our kiddos on a more regular basis in the months ahead. In the meantime, RP will continue to help our students make the most of difficult circumstances and provide the best learning opportunities that circumstances will allow. Please reach out to teachers, counselors and administrators with questions or concerns. We are here to serve!
Proud to be a Ranger,
24 hour Attendance hot line 317-532-8900-press 1
Just a reminder that our attendance line remains active. Please call 317-532-8900 and press “1” for the attendance line any time your student will miss part or all of any virtual or live instruction school day for a doctors appointment, illness, funeral or any other reason.
Doctors notes can be brought to the school, emailed to Ms Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 317-532-8999.
RP Athletic Safety Guidelines
Guidelines for Winter Events at Raymond Park (revised 11/16/20)
- Admission will be limited to parents and guardians only.
- Tickets will go on sale on site 45 minutes before the start time of the event.
- No admittance will be permitted after halftime of the 8th grade game.
- Tickets will be $5 per person, cash only.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED for all spectators.
- Face coverings are recommended for all coaches and players while on the bench.
- Locker rooms and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Storage totes will be available for players to keep their masks in while playing.
- Players must bring their own water bottles.
- Families may sit together but must use 6 feet of social distancing from other family units.
- Avoid congregating near concessions and bathrooms.
- Concessions will be provided utilizing guidelines from the ISDH and MCPHD.
**Please note, all guidelines listed above follow the direction provided by the MCPHD, IHSAA, and NFHS**
2020-2021 RPI&MS Car rider procedures
Raymond Park PTSA
RP PTSA membership signups will be accepted ONLY through our online square website.
To join, please click on the PTA button below or go to raymond-park-ptsa.square.site and select the membership option that works for you.
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - 5th Grade Dean
Mrs. Adrienne Mathews - 5th Grade Counselor
Mrs. Jina Simmons - 6th Grade Assistant Principal
Mr. Andrew McAulay - 6th Grade Counselor
Ms. Amy Piskoty - 7th Grade Dean
Ms. Katie Piatt - 7th Grade Counselor
Mr. Bill Halpin -8th Grade Dean
Mrs. Irish Parish -8th Grade Counselor
Lisa Stewart - Nurse