Parent Newsletter - Week of July 1
Summer Enrichment Presentation Opportunity
* Calling all Parents *
Next week for the last week of Extended School Year we will be inviting a series of Community Workers to visitor our students. The visitors include a firefighter, police officer, librarian, and life guard. We would love to invite any of our parents to take part in this opportunity as well!
If you have an interesting job that preschoolers can learn about, have proof of your adult immunizations (Tdap, MMR, TB, and Influenza vaccine), and are willing to present to a group of 40 preschoolers, please let me know as soon as possible! We are reserving Friday, July 12th from 10:00 am - 10:30 am for the parent portion of the presentation.
Thanks for your help in making this an incredibly fun event for the kids!
STATE FUNDED PRESCHOOL
Exciting news for 2019-2020 at Crown
All eligible families will be asked to provide proof of income and upon acceptance, all deposits will be refunded. This process happens very fast as documentation of earnings are time sensitive so please make sure you have all required information before proceeding. Please contact us with additional questions.
Please refer to the tabs below for the income ceilings and qualifications.
Schedule of Income Ceilings for Fiscal School Year 2019-2020 Child Care and Development Programs
Explanation of qualifications, after income ceiling criteria is met, and list of application requirements.
Annual Check-Ups over the Summer?
PLEASE NOTE- Preschool requirements are as follows:
- If an exam has been preformed within one year of our preschool start date, anytime between August 22, 2018 and August 22, 2019, you are up to date.
- Exams outside this date range will require a visit to the pediatrician and a newly completed form.
- Over the summer, we will be in contact with any families who fall into the latter category.
Details and Information
On your child's first day of school, please send him or her with a change of clothes (preferably in a small backpack or ziplock) that includes a shirt, pants, underwear and socks.
A snack will be provided each day.
Daily Summer Schedule
- 8:00-8:30 Arrival Time
- 8:30-9:15 Outside Time
- 9:15-9:45 Snack
- 9:45-10:00 Circle
- 10:00-10:30 Small Group
- 10:30-11:30 Free Choice
- 11:30-11:45 Music and Movement
- 11:45-12:00 Story/Closing Circle
EXTENDED CARE 12-3pm
If your child will be attending the Extended Day program at 12:00 pm, please send them to school with a lunch, possible afternoon snack and napping items.
Lunch: no food can be heated on site and please DO NOT send food containing peanuts.
Naps: please provide one sheet and small blanket for napping (Tot-Cots are preferred; if interested see Ms. Lisa.) Please supply the sheet and blanket every Monday and expect them to be sent home on Friday’s to wash and return the following Monday.
Please Note: On Thursday June 13th the classroom rosters will be posted for families.
If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to send me an email.
We look forward to having your child participate in our Summer Enrichment program!
NOTES FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOL YEAR
Completing Your 2019-2020 Preschool Enrollment
- If we don't have a completed file before August 22, your child will not be able to attend class on the first day. (Exclusions apply only to newly transferred military families)
- We are unable to offer extended care to any family without enrollment paperwork, and spots are filling up quickly.
We appreciate your help with this as we try and wrap up the enrollment process.
NEW SCHOOL HOURS
MyProcare Re-Registration NOW OPEN - For Returning Families ONLY
Registration is now open for our returning students and is required to proceed with enrollment into class. Please review the attached instructions and then go online to select your program for your child for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year.
- Please make sure to add/review all emergency contacts, update addresses and phone numbers and ensure accuracy of all information
- We will begin using the text messaging feature to alert parents & guardians about important matters so make sure "cell" is selected when inputting your personal contact information and select your cell carrier from the list
Contact Tracy with any problems or questions, thanks!
Direct ACH/Credit Payments Application. Please return to Preschool Office.
Childcare at ECDC- Transferring your Procare Account
2019-2020 Preschool Orientation
Wednesday, Aug. 21st, 10am
199 6th Street
Come join us for a chance to take a tour of the classrooms, meet our teachers and see some old and new friends.
Anyone who has outstanding paperwork will be notified by the office and must bring forms to orientation to avoid delaying a start on August 22.
Summer Activities Out and Around Town
Click here for.....
Please provide at least 24-48 hours advanced notice and wait for approval before proceeding. If a requests is made within 24hrs you must notify the office directly at (619) 522-6087 between the hours of 8am and 12pm. After that time, please notify the department emergency cell at (619) 972-5561.
Lisa Alonso, MS
Director of Preschool & Child Care Services
Coronado Unified School District
Office Assistant II